Problems with Membership Plugin...

OK. So I'm just getting started with WPMU, Social and the plugins. The Membership plugin is really cool (in theory) but I can't seem to get it working right.

One of my initial issues/concerns/complaints is that the PDF doesn't really seem to jive with actual setup. For instance, what's shown for PayPal setup bears little resemblance to my actual setup.

Additionally, the "in plugin" Help is woefully deficient. In fact, there are sections that are blank. Somebody needs to look into this and fix it.

All that being said, I think I got it setup right and went to run a first test. From the Registration page of my new site (ufoext.com is the short url version) I picked a membership level (Sustaining Member), got to the PayPal payment page and all looked good. I then decided to Cancel (not wanting to actually do a full test as of yet), which is where the wheels came off. See linked screen shot...

https://skitch.com/internetmarketing/eqtjg/subscriptions-ufo-ext-forum

Not only did I end up on the Subscriptions page with a bunch of gobbledigook, but I somehow was also granted access to the site as a Free Basic Member (which is my "step up" from pure visitor)!

Does this seem right to you? I'm sure I've got the Membership levels all bolluxed, or something (which will be the subject of the next ticket). Please advise.

TX!

On a related note... why can't we set this thing to bill monthly? Setting it to 30 or 31 days WILL NOT stay current for long. There's no way to set up monthly billing in the year 2012? I've got subscriptions via PayPal that are month-to-month, so I don't think it's a PayPal issue...