Problems with My Appointments feature of Appointments+

2 problems...

1) The my appointments feature appears on the page where the public can see it. I would think that the purpose of this is for the provider to see what time slots are scheduled up and by whom.... and this is something that we would not want to public to see. Is there not a calendar with all the time slots for each day showing which one is booked, that only the doctor or his staff can see? How do I do this.

2) the my appointments feature does not work. I have made 2 test appointments for November 22 -- one for each of the 2 service providers (doctor at 1pm and staff at 5:30). Neither of these show up in the My Appointments feature at the top of the page. What is the problem here?

Thanks for your help.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

Thank you for your question.

1) The my appointments feature appears on the page where the public can see it. I would think that the purpose of this is for the provider to see what time slots are scheduled up and by whom.... and this is something that we would not want to public to see. Is there not a calendar with all the time slots for each day showing which one is booked, that only the doctor or his staff can see? How do I do this.

To protect page from public access and make it accessible only for doctor or his staff, you can use our membership plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ along with Appointments + plugin.

2) the my appointments feature does not work. I have made 2 test appointments for November 22 -- one for each of the 2 service providers (doctor at 1pm and staff at 5:30). Neither of these show up in the My Appointments feature at the top of the page. What is the problem here?

Can you show me the screenshot of your appointments and also share me the front end appointment page link so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best Regards,

• Earl

So are you stating that this product is designed to show the service provider's list of customers and times to the general public? I've never heard of such a thing before. All other booking apps I've seen give providers a calendar with customer bookings and personal info in the back end where the public cannot see.

If you indeed do intend to show this private data to the public, then let us continue. Above you stated....

To protect page from public access and make it accessible only for doctor or his staff, you can use our membership plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ along with Appointments + plugin.

What page are you suggesting that I protect from public viewing... the Make an Appointment page? That doesn't make sense. If I did that, then patients couldn't get to the scheduler to make an appointment. If you are speaking of some other page, then please be clear about what page it is that I would use the membership plugin to protect. And if this is the case, will the providers' appointments show up on this different page that does not have the calendar if I put the [app_my_appointments] short code on it ? Or does that short code have to be on the same page as the calendar for it to work?

Again, thanks for your help. Please provide details and do not assume I know anything about the plugin and how it works. I have practically no reference points here.

• Earl

Not sure you got my previous reply to the other thing you responded to here, as I do not see my reply listed in this string, so here it is again...

You stated...
    You should enter 1 for the provider argument of the shortcode if this appointment list belongs to a service provider. Default: "0" (client)
    Example: [app_my_appointments ... provider="1"]

This is exactly the short code and argument that I'm already using and do not see either of the two test appointments showing up. Please advise further.

Am I understanding correctly that the argument makes it so that all providers' appointments will show up and no patient info? Is it all providers info together or is there a way for doctor and staff to see their data separately?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

So are you stating that this product is designed to show the service provider's list of customers and times to the general public?

No it doesn't display your appointments data to the public. The shortcode [app_my_appointments] only inserts a table where client or service provider can see his upcoming appointments so if you are logged in then you can see your appointments in that section.

This is exactly the short code and argument that I'm already using and do not see either of the two test appointments showing up. Please advise further.

I tested it on my test site and it's working fine, i will have to check it on your site to troubleshoot the problem.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send info through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include any relevant login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details

What page are you suggesting that I protect from public viewing... the Make an Appointment page?

You can protect whole page or just particular section in a page using membership plugin so that it will be accessible only for certain users ( doctor or his staff ). It was just an answer for your this previous question.

"this is something that we would not want to public to see. Is there not a calendar with all the time slots for each day showing which one is booked, that only the doctor or his staff can see?"

If you want from me the exact solution on it then tell me how you are distinguishing doctor or his staff and tell me the exact section with screenshot that only the doctor or his staff can see.

Best Regards,

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

Thanks for sending me admin details.

I checked your site and found that there isn't any paid or confirmed appointment in your site and all appointments are removed appointments. The shortcode [app_my_appointments] by default displays appointments having status paid or confirmed therefore it was not displaying anything in the front end.

If you want to display appointments having any status then use status argument of shortcode as following.
    [app_my_appointments provider="1" status="paid, confirmed, pending, completed, removed, reserved"]

Kind Regards,

• Earl

Again, thank you for your help. I am confused. You say that all appointments are "removed." How would they have been given that status? All I did was create an appointment (from a different computer, not logged into WP). After that, I could not have removed them, as I could not even see them. They never showed up. I am assuming that "removed" means I cancelled them or did not approve them. But again, I've never encountered a screen where I could have done that!

All I want to be able to happen is this: a patient or staff reserves an appointment for one of the two services; the appointment time is now unavailable for others; the doctor or staff can see who made appointments at what times, and can click somewhere to see data the patient provided such as phone #, comments, etc.

I can certainly add the code you provided, but I certainly don't want a new appointment that someone makes to be automatically classified as "removed." Please tell me how to solve this.

Thank you.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

If you create new appointment from front end then it is assigned a pending status which you can change from the admin area and it goes in removed status only when the appointment was not paid for or was not confirmed manually in the allowed time or you have removed it manually. You can manage appointments and change its status from the path Admin -> Appointments -> Appointments as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Just create test appointment in the front end and which status it is get assigned.

Best Regards,

• Earl

Okay, but I don't want the doctor/staff to have to confirm it. Nor will a patient pay for their appointment ahead of time. When an appointment is made, it should become and REMAIN active and not automatically be reclassified as "removed" after a certain length of time. Is is possible to set it up this way? If so, how? If not, what other options do I have as word-arounds?

And what about all the other questions I asked? Should I be expecting to hear from someone else regarding any of them?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Earl,

Okay, but I don't want the doctor/staff to have to confirm it. Nor will a patient pay for their appointment ahead of time.

As i have asked earlier, let me know how you are distinguishing doctor/staff and patient? According to their user role?

When an appointment is made, it should become and REMAIN active and not automatically be reclassified as "removed" after a certain length of time. Is is possible to set it up this way? If so, how? If not, what other options do I have as word-arounds?

Yes it's possible, just set "Disable pending appointments after (mins)" to 0 in Time Settings section from the path Admin -> Appointments -> Settings -> General tab -> Time Settings

And what about all the other questions I asked? Should I be expecting to hear from someone else regarding any of them?

It has been answered on their respective threads.

Kind Regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.