Problems with Product Page with MarketPress on Spirit (UpFront)

I'm struggling. Trying to set up a store using MarketPress on the Spirit Theme. How do I 1) Remove the date from the product page 2) change the size and location of the featured image for the product (want it to the left of the product description and smaller) and 3) How can I get the "description and related products" to show up as tabs like it does on MarketFrame theme?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello GreenTiger,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

1) Remove the date from the product page

Please open any of your product pages in an Upfront editor and then click on "Edit background" icon (the "triangle" in the top-right corner) for the region containing product post, then select "Edit region CSS" link in a pop-up toolbox. A CSS editor will show up at the bottom of the screen. Put this CSS rule inside and save editor content:

.post_date {display:none;}

After that please save entire Upfront, selecting "All posts of this type" when prompted.

2) change the size and location of the featured image for the product (want it to the left of the product description and smaller)

Currently there's no such in-depth integration so it may be difficult to achieve without some heavy CSS customization. As to my knowledge developers of both MarketPress and Upfront are working on some improvements related to compatibility. For now, let me please forward this our 2nd-line support team and hopefully they'll be able to give as a helping hand here and provide a workaround/solution. Please note however that their response time may be a bit longer than mine here on support forum as they deal with a lot of complex issues on daily basis.

3) How can I get the "description and related products" to show up as tabs like it does on MarketFrame theme?

With Spirit theme this should work that way by default. I just tested this on my setup and after adding some description and selecting some related products for the product (on dashboard's "Store -> Products -> [edit selected product]" page) description and related products are now displayed as tabs (see screenshots please). Is that displayed other way on your site? Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

• GreenTiger

Adam,
    Thank you so much for your prompt response. Here's what I have learned....

When I went in and entered the code you gave me
    .post_date {display:none;}
    not only did it remove the date, it immediately allowed the settings that are in Presentation to reduce the size of the image AND select the placement for the left.

On the last item regarding entering description and related products. Before I wrote you, I had already entered data in the main body of the Product Page AND also included related products. When entering products, I was copying info from another location, so I had just put information in the main body, with the idea for me to go back later and enter an excerpt. In Presentation Settings... I had selected the option to "display excerpt". So, the result was I had products that weren't showing the "add to cart" button and price... plus the Description and Related Products button wasn't appearing. So, I had added the short code for the shopping cart to the pages.

BUT...from what I observed later, as soon as I entered info in the excerpt box, the buttons for not only the price and shopping cart appeared on the product page, but also the description and related products also appeared. Not sure if I am seeing things or if this is an actual cause-and-effect event.

I still have a lot of adjustments to make, but your information has truly gotten me on my way. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.