Problems with shipping

Hello guys,

I am having some problems regarding shipping with Marketpress.

I have been made some tests. I created an user and set his address to Brazil. The target country of the shop is set to USA. When I try to checkout the Marketpress change my country to USA in the shipping information page and gives the shipping costs to USA. I was expecting that some message appeared to advise me that the vendor was not shipping to Brazil and that I should contact him for more details.

Another problem. When I change the shipping method from weight based to any other, the weight of my products disappears. This should never happen. The weight of each product should remain stored sound and safe. Also there is no need to weight field to disappear when other shipping method different from weight based is selected.

Something similar happens with the shipping method tables. For example, I have fulfilled a table for the weight based shipping, then I select flat rate and my table was gone. This is less critical, in my opinion, but is also undesirable.

• aecnu

Greetings paulosobrinho,

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention, it is certainly appreciated.

I was expecting that some message appeared to advise me that the vendor was not shipping to Brazil and that I should contact him for more details.

Point taken and agreed that just flipping the address back to the US is not good behavior and I am not sure this is the intended behavior as well.

Another problem. When I change the shipping method from weight based to any other, the weight of my products disappears. This should never happen. The weight of each product should remain stored sound and safe.

You are indicating that when you do the switch and even switch back the weight data is gone - like gone forever? Unless re-input?

Something similar happens with the shipping method tables. For example, I have fulfilled a table for the weight based shipping, then I select flat rate and my table was gone.

And if you switch back the data is still gone as well?

Concerning the first issue I will ask the lead developer about after we have worked on the last two items.

Note: Though I think the last two items that I am inquiring about are intriguing, it is certain that flipping between shipping methods is not intended use. One is expected to select one and stick with it or if changing the previous becomes irrelevant. However, I still intend to dig into it.

Please advise on the last two items.

Cheers, Joe

• paulosobrinho

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Another problem. When I change the shipping method from weight based to any other, the weight of my products disappears. This should never happen. The weight of each product should remain stored sound and safe.

You are indicating that when you do the switch and even switch back the weight data is gone - like gone forever? Unless re-input?

Yes, gone forever. Re-input is not a solution. Vendors won´t be happy with this.

Something similar happens with the shipping method tables. For example, I have fulfilled a table for the weight based shipping, then I select flat rate and my table was gone.

And if you switch back the data is still gone as well?

Yes, gone forever.

Note: Though I think the last two items that I am inquiring about are intriguing, it is certain that flipping between shipping methods is not intended use. One is expected to select one and stick with it or if changing the previous becomes irrelevant. However, I still intend to dig into it.

Everyone has to have the oportunity to change his mind. As you may know better than me, e-commerce is a kind of business that is very dinamic and we must offer a continuous improvement, also regarding shipping options.

• Aaron

I have been made some tests. I created an user and set his address to Brazil. The target country of the shop is set to USA. When I try to checkout the Marketpress change my country to USA in the shipping information page and gives the shipping costs to USA. I was expecting that some message appeared to advise me that the vendor was not shipping to Brazil and that I should contact him for more details.

Not sure how you achieved that. You can only select from the allowed countries on the shipping page.

When I change the shipping method from weight based to any other, the weight of my products disappears.

While the fields are meant to dissapear, the data should be safe until you reenable a weight based method. I'll have to look into that.

Something similar happens with the shipping method tables.

Fixed in the upcoming 2.8 release.

• paulosobrinho

Not sure how you achieved that. You can only select from the allowed countries on the shipping page.

The country I saved in the buyer address was Brazil. As I have selected just one target country for my shop (USA), this was the country which appeared in the shipping page when I was trying to checkout. As I proceed to checkout, the shop gives the shipping costs to USA.

The point is, as I have already saved Brazil in the address, I was expecting some message from the shop telling me that the vendor was not shipping to my country. The fact the shop replaces the buyer country by the shop target country (in the shipping page) can lead to some confusion, in my opinion.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.