problems with templates

Hello I am using budypress for my network http://www.publibrain.com the problem come when a user try to make a blog this appear but withou a design you can see the problem at http://publibrain.com/andrearincon/ please help me I try everithing. please help me, I try changing the permissions to folder themes and dont work please help me.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Could be several different things. First up, let's have a check of your server's error logs. The stylesheet isn't loading for some reason and we may find some clues there.

Secondly, try changing the theme on that site. Does a different theme make a difference?

Thirdly, do you have any caching or other plugins for redirection running?

Finally, let's take a look at your .htaccess rules and make sure that you have mod_rewrite enabled in Apache (you should be able to ask your hosting provider about this).

Let us know and we'll see if we can help ya get it sorted.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya eritos,

Sorry you're still having trouble. I took a look at the links again and I'm not seeing the same issue as before. Were you able to get this resolved?

If not, please provide specific answers to my questions above and I'll gladly walk ya through some further steps. Specifically, what are your .htaccess rules?

Thanks!

• joesugg
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello,

I am having several problems that seem to be a conflict between my plugins and themes. Everything I have is downloaded from WPMU so I am not quite sure what my problem is.

1st I get

Your active theme:

Has the call to <?php wp_footer(); ?> but it is not called directly before </body>

This happens regardless of what theme I am using.

In addition, I have the following error message at the bottom of my admin panel:

Broken Themes
    The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description
    bb-edubb-1.0.5 Stylesheet is missing.
    Forum bbPress Theme Stylesheet is missing.
    Help, Support and FAQ Theme Stylesheet is missing.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Joe

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Joe,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

It looks like you may have installed the bbPress theme in your regular themes directory?

Are you running bbPress on your site?

For future reference, you'll probably want to open a new thread here. Let us know about the bbPress issue though. Additionally, make sure all themes are installed in wp-content/themes/

Thanks!

• joesugg

Mason,

Thanks for the response. All of the theme files were put into the wp-content/themes file. I downloaded the bbpress for the forums feature, but to be honest I am new to all of this and flying a little blind. That's where you guys come in for me :smiley:

I am trying to create a network of business sites that would be similar to wordpress.com edublogs.org. Apparently I have loaded something that has a conflict with something else but I do not know how to identify where it is. Also, I seem to have loaded something yesterday afternoon that has had a serious negative effect on the load times of my site.

If I need to start a new thread I'd be glad to... Thanks so much for your help.

Joe

• joesugg

Mason,

I re-read your response and noticed that I did not have bbpress installed. I tried to install bbpress from the bbpress.org site, but didn't understand their directions. I have deleted the themes from my install for now and will repost a new threads on each of my questions individually.

Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.