Problems with the plugin and embedded video

Hi

I thought I had solved the problem of using the pay per view plugin with embedded youtube videos by placing the link to the video in one post and the linking that post to another post where the link to pay per view had been placed for example I had a post called videos where all the pay per view links were placed but each individual video was on a different post eg dance1. The pay per view link worked on the videos page and the user was redirected to paypal and it was all fine. However as the videos were available on other posts these were listed in the archive or categories section of the site thus circumventing the need for payment. If I made these posts (the ones that hosted the individual video links) private you could still pay for the video but the subsequent link to the video after payment was not found on the website thus meaning the user had paid for no content.

How can I embed pay per view video on a post making sure that it is not accessible though any other posts/archives/categories please? so that in my example there is no need for the dance1 post but instead the user goes the videos post and clicks the link to make payment and once it has processed is then redirected to the videos post can click the link and then sees the paid content. I have tried simply posting the youtube link within the pay per view code but all that happens is that a non clickable link to the youtube address shows on the videos post.

I hope this makes sense!

I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

Many Thanks

Sam

• Tyler Postle

Hey Sam,

Hope you're doing well today!

It should work to just place the YouTube link within the shortcode. Make sure that the Youtube link is on it's own line though:

[ppw id="90427660" description="Testing" price="9.99"]

http://youtu.be/tmeOjFno6Do

[/ppw]

Or use the iframe embed instead like this:

[ppw id="90427660" description="Testing" price="9.99"]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tmeOjFno6Do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[/ppw]

That seems to work for me :slight_smile:

Let us know if you still have any further questions here!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Sam

Hi Tyler

Thank you for solving the problem - the first option seems to have worked - I have tested it but the second option didn't work for me - once you paid for the content and clicked the link it simply showed the code rather than the youtube video - unless I did something wrong! I copied the code and substituted a price and the YouTube address but as I say it simply showed the code after payment.

Hopefully though the first way will enable me to get the site sorted so thank you for your prompt assistance.

Best wishes

Sam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.