Comments Plus: Problems/Questions

1. How can I change the width of the comment form?
2. Why it always show first the facebook login option?
3. Can you add a file of language so I can translate it to my own language?
4. How can I change the size of the fonts in the comments because they
look very small?
5. How can I make it show above the comment the information of the
user and the date of the post?
6. I am having compatibility problems with next gen gallery, it
doesn’t open the pop up window. How can I fix it?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

1. How can I change the width of the comment form?

You would need to edit some CSS for that.

What aspects of the form are you wanting to change and how? Perhaps take a screenshot and doodle on it so it gives a clear indication.

2. Why it always show first the facebook login option?

If you enable Social Discussion you can change that (See screenshot)

Admin --> Settings --> Comments Plus

3. Can you add a file of language so I can translate it to my own language?

Sure that is WordPress feature for translating. You can find the default language file under /languages/

(see screenshot for folder)

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress#Translating_With_Poedit

4. How can I change the size of the fonts in the comments because they
    look very small?

That would be related to your theme and the style CSS. If I can see a link to your comments and theme then I can advise further.

5. How can I make it show above the comment the information of the
    user and the date of the post?

That also sounds like a theme thing. When comments are made they are posted to the WordPress comments system.

We do offer custom templates:

/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/forms/wdcp-custom_comments_template.php

You can see there how it is done in the code.

6. I am having compatibility problems with next gen gallery, it
    doesn’t open the pop up window. How can I fix it?

Not sure how you mean here?

The pop up window for Twitter/Facebook?

Sounds like some conflict there, so with next gen disabled it works?

Let me know.

Take care.

• PurpleNinja

In every item that has photos of next gen when you click on thumbnail to make a pop up window, it open a new window instead. Yes, the next gen gallery works fine when your plugin is disabled.
    I discovered another problem. When someone logs in with his facebook account to comment on a thread, it posts on his/her timeline just the comment and a specific post that isn't the posts that the user commented. When someone comments with his twitter account it doesn't even show a tweet of the comment. Plus, when you login with your facebook it has always as an option on "Only me" and not "Public" and no one notices and I don't earn any traffic this way because no one sees it. How can we make it have as default option always "Public"?

• Timothy Bowers

I discovered another problem. When someone logs in with his facebook account to comment on a thread, it posts on his/her timeline just the comment and a specific post that isn't the posts that the user commented.

I saw your email and tested this on your site and see that to. But I also see that something is going on in the comments there, there are double tabs.

That seems to work for me fine on the Twenty Ten theme within my install.

Did you add the hooks yourself? Or perhaps there is an issue in the theme code with how comments are added, if so then adding custom hooks should help.

If you can look into that first and add those custom hooks because it might also be a contributor to the other issues.

Let me know how you go there.

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey PurpleNinja.

I found out that beyond next gen gallery, the problem with the facebook comments are happening when this plugin is active Select WP-Filebase.

Can I just clarify, are you saying that it happens with both or just with WP-Filebase?

I notice you have sent en email in regard this matter. I'm to respond there with a request for the following:

Site/Network admin
    FTP details

This will let me look at your issue closer.

Thanks.

• PurpleNinja

As I wrote above, "I disabled all of my plugins and started to test with each one separately." With all of the plugins disabled the facebook comments function were working fine but with twitter it didn't left any message on the user's twitter account and shows double tabs.

With next gen gallery enabled it didn't open the pop up window to show the photos, it just just opened a new window to show the photo. Facebook comments was working alright but when I enabled WP-Filebase I noticed that this was the one that wasn't compatible with your plugin and created the problem with the facebook comments.

• Timothy Bowers

Facebook comments was working alright but when I enabled WP-Filebase I noticed that this was the one that wasn't compatible with your plugin and created the problem with the facebook comments.

Does that plugin have Facebook functionality as well?

With next gen gallery enabled it didn't open the pop up window to show the photos, it just just opened a new window to show the photo.

Sounds like a JS issue there.

As I'm unable to access this install it would be impossible for me to check everything. I'll ask Ve our developer on this plugin if has any further thoughts or if he has noticed any of these issues before.

Thanks.

• Vladislav

Hello,

As for the Twitter issues, could it be that there is a misconfiguration issue with your App setup? Can you please make sure that you entered the proper callback URL on your Twitter app settings page, that your app has both Read and Write access enabled and also that you correctly entered consumer key and secret in the plugin settings?

I have also tried reproducing the conflict you experienced with NextGEN and WP Filebase, but haven't had any luck this far, with latest versions of all three plugins and 2011 theme. Is it possible that there is also a mu-plugin active on your site as well?

• PurpleNinja

Hello VeBailovity and thanks for your response.
    First, it doesn't have any mu-plugin. Secondly, as I said above, "I disabled all of my plugins and started to test with each one separately." With all of the plugins disabled the facebook comments function were working fine but with twitter it didn't left any message on the user's twitter account and shows double tabs.

With next gen gallery enabled it didn't open the pop up window to show the photos, it just just opened a new window to show the photo. Facebook comments was working alright but when I enabled WP-Filebase I noticed that this was the one that wasn't compatible with your plugin and created the problem with the facebook comments.

As for twitter I checked again what you told me and I didn't saw any difference.
    I tested your plugin with these versions Wordpress 3.3.2, NextGEN Gallery 1.9.3, WP-Filebase 0.2.9.14 & Twenty Eleven 1.3. Also I tried it to a clean new wp site, and for some weird reason I had the same problem. Even I can't understand why am having this issue, maybe we are unlucky. Just send us the money, and in the future I hope that there would be another and we will be more lucky. :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers

As I understood from our email conversations your clients site was having multiple problems with conflicts and issues not just with our plugin but others. Because I your client would not permit me to take a closer look it makes it impossible to debug and assist further.

I would advise though that if this is the case with multiple issues on that install then you should consider hiring a developer to check his install and code or starting from scratch with clean code and fewer plugins. These things could lead to security risks for your client and so it is always worth having a professional assess the situation.

I'm sorry we couldn't help you further.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.