prodict list style

The testing for added product has the following issues that must to solve:
Check the link : http://myhome123.com.tw/

In the product list:
1. The page of product list area should be enlarge. Width increased about 100 pixels.
2. Price and sale price should be more than two line to display, only one to show per line.
3. You can find the “choose option” and “add to cart”, in any case, whether to display the same style! Ex. [Go detail].
The above problem, cause display information is not complete.

• aecnu

Greetings MD,

Thank you for this great question and bringing these significant issues to our attention.

It appears that there are some significant issues with your store though they do not seem to be prevalent in my test production server Market Press site using the Frame Market/Grid Market theme.

First lets make sure that before making any adjustments to the theme files that you have it set up in the appropriate parent/child relationship as shown here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/front-page-blogs-picture-and-text-not-visible-only-subject-is-visible#post-217131

Now that you have that accomplished please use the styles sheets (css) to make the adjustments to the theme as you see necessary.

Software like Dreamweaver really helps a lot when dealing with CSS. This will certainly take a lot of custom coding to css this theme to deal with your choices.

If dealing with css and the theme itself is too much, you may wnat to consider using a theme of your choice in combination with included Market Press shortcodes and the MarketPress Grid plugin to get the effect that is suited to your desires.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Dean,

Thank you for that great question.

Certainly Dreamweaver does live editing to the site, you just need to make sure that the window on the right side listing the web site files is set to "Remote View"

Though a bit old school but very intuitive and less intimidating then Dreamweaver is Microsoft Front Page which also allows for live server side editing.

Personally I ssh into my server and whenever I download a file with my ssh client my computer automatically opens the program I have set up for that particular extension. i.e. php & css Dreamweaver, htm Front Page, htaccess Ultra Edit etc.

Thanks! Hope life is treating you well

Absolutely and thank you for mentioning this. Just two weeks until my vacation! Yippee!

I hope things are going well for you too Dean :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

• Dean Kaus

@aecnu Hey joe what is the advantage of ssh? I actually have microsoft webexpression (replaced frontpage) and after the latest update and me switching over to WordPress I never continued using it. I also do have Dreamweaver CS6 came with my creative suite package but never used it. I just glanced a little bit bit didn't see how to log into an online website to edit or anything. Searched the help but didn't see anything there either. Possibly I'm wording it incorrectly. Will try to search some tutorials tomorrow.

• aecnu

Greetings Dean,

Thank you for another great question.

what is the advantage of ssh?

There are so many advantages to include administration over a server, but that is beyond the topic we are talking about.

One of them is that you can go from directory to directory with ease throughout the entire server.

This can be used to say make a footer change on several sites by going to each one and clicking on the footer file and pasting in a change for example.

Another is when moving sites on non cPanel Servers you can go into a directory or database and tar them up which when you un-tar them on the destination server the permissions and all remain the same.

What I like most about it is that I can open an htaccess file by clicking on it in my ssh client and using the predesignated software it opens right up. Then I can choose another file type and it opens it up in the pre designated software. i.e. htaccess --> Utra Edit php file --> Dream Weaver

Then I can make a change and see how it affects the site/server/etc. immediately and if I do not like it I can undo it in a second by clicking undo and then tell ssh to send it up - it is a pretty perfect way to make edits with being able to undo consequences in a second.

In Dream Weaver, once you have put in a sites info and you bring up that site into the editor, there is a window on the right that allows you to choose which file you are working with, local or server side.

There is also an option in Dreamweaver that sends the change up the moment you save the file too. But personally I like the live action I get choosing to work with the server side file.

Hope that gives you some more helpful information and clarification.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

Hello Joe!

I am working w/ MD on this project; so I will help in the communication. I notice that in both frame market and grid market there is no css via the edit option in the dashboard. I see you recommendation for dreamweaver, and I agree it is a wonderful tool. Have to admit I did like not having to use it lol. Is there any way to edit the css within the theme itself using file manager?

Good to see you again Joe!

@Dean good to see you again as well!

• aecnu

Greetings MTB1701,

Happy to see that MD is getting some hands on help there :slight_smile: and thank you for being so thoughtful and helpful.

Is there any way to edit the css within the theme itself using file manager?

Are you referring to the File Manager in cPanel or?

The reason I believe you do not see the css or cannot reach it in the WordPress editor is because it is ion the child theme where you want to make your edits?

Regarding Dreamweaver, when using it to modify css it actually brings up a window on the right side that shows all the elements in human language ... lol ... even though the code appears in the center window. When one goes ahead and uses the right window it indeed modifies the code in the center.

Please advise regarding reaching the Grid Market/Child theme css file.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

Hi Joe!

Yes file manager in cpanel

I looked in the css files in both FrameMarket and GridMarket via the dashboard editor, but there is nothing in the file to change. Is this one of those themes you just add changes to?

I use Neuro from cyberchimps. With it you just add the change you want in a custom css box and it rewrites the css, you never see the full css file. "Nice if you know all the css off the top of your head". lol

I am very familiar with DreamWeaver up to CS5. I just stopped using them at the end of last year because wordpress can create much crisper sites than drupal. So for ease of use I dropped DW along with drupal. I see that may have been a premature decision, and they do have CS6 now. :slight_smile: Ohhh Complexity/Simplicity or complex simplicity. lol

I think Web Development could drive me to drinking. lol

So looking beyond a simple solution for this; it would probably be wise to keep DW around.

On a personal note:
    I saw a thread a few days ago where you said you was going on vacation in a couple of weeks. That is about the same time as Comic con, are you planning a trip to Chicago? lol You look tall enough to pull off Darth Vader. lol Enjoy your holiday!

Thanks Joe!

Good to see you too @Dean!

• aecnu

Greetings MTB1701 :smiley:

I looked in the css files in both FrameMarket and GridMarket via the dashboard editor, but there is nothing in the file to change. Is this one of those themes you just add changes to?

In a way yes, you want to add the css changes to the file located in the path /wp-content/themes/gridmarket/css/ where you will find a custom.css file and the main one which is grid.css.

I do not think I have ever used the file manager in WordPress before ... lol

I am very familiar with DreamWeaver up to CS5. I just stopped using them at the end of last year because wordpress can create much crisper sites than drupal. So for ease of use I dropped DW along with drupal. I see that may have been a premature decision, and they do have CS6 now. :slight_smile: Ohhh Complexity/Simplicity or complex simplicity. lol

Just too funny ... lol ... I am usin Dreamweaver primarily for managing css and writing html when necessary, it is also a fantastic php editor. DW CS3 and I still even use Front Page once in awhile for basic html coding ... lol

I saw a thread a few days ago where you said you was going on vacation in a couple of weeks. That is about the same time as Comic con, are you planning a trip to Chicago? lol You look tall enough to pull off Darth Vader.

I think my Bosses thnk I would make a better Charlie Sheen! ... lmao ... then Darth :stuck_out_tongue:

Yepper - I shall be on vacation in less then two weeks for almost two weeks on the Bulgarian Black Sea around the Varna area.

Look forward to kicking back and no computers, just Bikini's, Thong Bikini's, Jet Ski's and sunshine. Though I will still be occasionally checking on on my network of servers to make sure I do not need to make any phone calls ... lol

It is a pleasure as always @MTB1701.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.