Product attributes forcing defaults and does not accurately update price

http://s17661.p20.sites.pressdns.com/store/products/dick-smiths-double-safety-pin-custom-sucker-rig/

If the customer chooses a Color, the system auto defaults a Material, that should not be the case. The customer should be in control to choose the first attribute/variable (color) then the second attribute/variable Material. The price for a Black / Flourocarbon item, the price should be 12.99 , however, it shows 11.99. The price is only corrected if you switch to the Material that you do not want, and then back to the Material that you do want, which is not normal in any site I have used or seen.

What is best practice with Marketpress? So far our customer continues to be underwhelmed and disappointed with Marketpress.

I really want it to work since we love the new themes (hope they work with Marketpress soon) and many of the plugins.

Mike

• Luís

Hi MSAMike ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your questions:

If the customer chooses a Color, the system auto defaults a Material, that should not be the case. The customer should be in control to choose the first attribute/variable (color) then the second attribute/variable Material.

There is a bug already reported regarding to the default variation, MarketPress it's ignoring it. Our developers are aware and working to fix it asap.

When you set a default, you are defining a combination of variations (variation A + B) in your case Color + Material, it's not possible to define it separately.

The price for a Black / Flourocarbon item, the price should be 12.99 , however, it shows 11.99. The price is only corrected if you switch to the Material that you do not want, and then back to the Material that you do want, which is not normal in any site I have used or seen.

I tested this in my install and I was able to replicate, so, I've confirmed this bug and flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap. Either myself or the developer will reply back here once we have pushed a fix out.

If you have any further questions in the meantime just let us know.

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi MSAMike ,

Regarding to the bug reported in the Variation price, can you try this hotfix, please?

1) Download the .zip file attached and unzip it;

2) Using FTP access, go to the "wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/" folder and replace the file class-mp-product.php.

One thing to tell the developer, what would be helpful is if the "Make a selection" text is always visible until a selection for a variable attribute is selected that way nothing defaults. I did notice that how the fall happens is the order of the variable attribute entered into the system if that helps at all

I think these would be a great feature to MarketPress, however, as was reported a bug in this topic and to avoid mix different matters, I would like to suggest to open a separated topic under our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/support#question

Cheers, Luís