PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES NOT EDITABLE

Hi There
I have a problem:
it is impossible for me to edit Product attribute values anymore .. If I go in the interface and click on the attributes then the values do not show up anymore !
any ideas
------
Merged from https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/delete-variants-problem-and-price-set-to-0 by James Morris
------
2 more problems:
1- Some products display a price setup to 0 although no variant has been set to that price .
Ex: http://boutique.cbesprit.fr/store-2/products/selle-passager-royal-enfield-classic/

2- If I correct an attribute of a variant by creating a new variation and deleted the old one . Then the product box does not display the new variation and still proposes the old variation .
If selected , then the system will then issue an error saying that this variation is out of stock ...!
For ex: I created "Bordeaux" and deleted variant"Bordeau" . have a look here ... Bordeau is still available and try to select it http://boutique.cbesprit.fr/store-2/products/selle-passager-royal-enfield-classic/

• James Morris

Hello dubernet,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question. Also, thank you for having Support Staff Login enabled.

I've taken a look at the backend of your site and I see that the Attributes cannot be edited or added in Admin -> Store Settings -> Product Attributes. The behavior of the page when you click on an attribute suggests there's a conflict with another plugin on your site. When I click on a link, the page reloads, but nothing happens.

Have you added any new plugins or themes lately?

In order to narrow down where the problem is, please perform a plugin/theme conflict test as outlined in the following article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

It will be helpful, also, to enable WP_DEBUG as it will point to any plugins that are having PHP errors and help you isolate which plugins might be conflicting. To enable WP_DEBUG, replace the following line in wp-config.php

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

...with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

If the conflict test does not resolve your issue, please reply and let us know so we can dig into this issue further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

• dubernet

Hi James
      No I have not added any plugin recently as I have an integration platform and try to keep to the minimum . I might have run Defender and Snapshot from WPMUDEV on this platform..
      It has to be mentioned that It has been an extremely painful process to recreate most of the products manually on this live platform because the export from Marketpress simply do not work from the integration platform ( even with with WP all Export/Import which did not work for me ! I tried this solution with WPMUDEV team but in vain ...) . So I had to recreate everything from the boutique manually ... variations etc ... Products prices etc .. ....what I can say is that attribute values did show up because I had to recreate any single of them manually !

I put the DEBUG info in the wp-config file ... this is a live platform ! ( a part from the boutique ) .
      Thanks for your help ...
      Thierry

• James Morris

Hello dubernet,

I understand your situation well. Debugging on a live platform can be tricky. If you could paste the debug.log output here, it will help us narrow down where the problem is. If you'd rather not post the debug output, you can send it to me directly or I can log into your server to view the results personally.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down box.

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello dubernet,

Thank you for granting me access. I've confirmed that attributes cannot be added or edited and there are some PHP notices that are being generated in the .htaccess file related to this plugin. I'm escalating this ticket to Second Level Support so that can take a closer look at this issue for you. An update will be posted as soon as one is available.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello dubernet,

My dev/testing hosting account is also on 1and1, but in the US. I'm running PHP 7, but have 5.6 available to me. Unfortunately, I was not able to replicate your particular problem on my hosting account, thus I suspect there is a deeper issue at hand and the reason I escalated the ticket to SLS.

Thank you for the additional information. I'm certain it will help the SLS team find a solution to your problem. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• dubernet

Hi Panos,
    thanks for looking at this weird problem ....Look ... I have 2 platforms with this problem the Live platform ( http://www.cbesprit.fr where you can connect ) and an integration platform ( http://cbespritfrintegration.apps-1and1.net/) . Of course there is more freedom to do changes and inquires the integration platform . SO I have created a user super admin on this platform for you . Tell me where I can send you the password and the login.
    As you will notice , I am in a multisite environment , and for the sake answering your email about a possible plugin conflict , I have switched off ALL the plugin bar Marketpress which was Network activated .. . I still have this problem of attributes not showing up . ...then I activated Marketpress only on the boutique and the problem remains ...... . So I think you will be able to see that it does not look like a plugin conflict because NONE are active on the network at the moment. I might miss something ..you never know !. Please have a look on my integration platform and experiment ....in order to do so , let me know where shall I send the login credential .
    Many thanks for your time and expertise
    Thierry

• Panos

Thank you for providing this info dubernet !

I agree that it would be much better to do tests on the integration site.

I would need admin and ftp access and you can send credentials privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question?" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- Please include link back to this thread for reference so I know which issue it is about :slight_smile:

Thanks!
    Panos

• Panos

Hi dubernet ,

Sincere apologies for delay!

Thanks for sending this info!

I could replicate these issues in my testing site and applied same fixes using the credentials on your site but I don't see any effect.

So could you please verify if there is any caching server side or that the ftp credentials are for the site I was checking? It's pretty weird as any change I did, didn't make any difference.

I have created a testing subsite, WPMUDEV Test where I checked after applying fixes. I have not deleted it in case we need to do further testing.

Currently I have restored as it was but I am attaching following files which you can replace any time you want to check these fixes that worked in my sites:
    1. wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/admin/class-mp-products-admin.php
    2. wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-product.php

What I would need now is to know if changes didn't take place due to caching so I could re-apply fixes, or if I should apply fixes using different ftp info.

Thanks!
    Panos

• dubernet

Hi Panos
    the correct directory where the domain http://cbespritfrintegration.apps-1and1.net/ points to is /clickandbuilds/CBESPRITFRINTEGRATION/
    I downloaded the 2 php you attached , renamed the original ones to .original and installed yours instead .

I cleared my browser cache ... nothing has changed ... unfortunately !

I am not sur I can clear the server cache on 1and1 shared hosting ! I do not know how to do it ... I do not think this would be allowed anyway ?
    Let me know if you can access this FTP directory with the info I gave you.
    Your files are installed ...
    Many thanks for the efforts ....
    Thierry

• Panos

Hi dubernet ,

Thanks for instructions! I can see changes now :slight_smile:

Of what it seems in my previous try I focused on the issue where when adding/removing a Variation from the product ta the admin page it wouldn't update in front page.

Regarding the issue for adding new Attributes ( eg. Color, Size ) while product already created, it wasn't designed to work like this so it's quite tricky to add this feature.

I have made some modifications which seem to work but it might need some further testing.

Could you please do some tests in the site you provided me and let me know how it works on your side? If you are satisfied with it I can provide you with files to update or entire plugin zip. Else please let me know what is not working as expected.

Thanks!
    Panos

• dubernet

Hi Panos,
    Sorry about the delay ... life a bit hectic at the moment ...
    Anyway, I can see it works on the test site you created ... It looks good to me ....
    How can I inherit those changes on my sub site , Classic Bike Esprit, with the boutique , because it still does not work there ... although I put your code in as mentioned before ... Thanks to let me know ....
    Few more remarks though ...
    >If I set as "default" one of the product variations , I would expect it to show up in the product box as per default ... Is that not working or do I not understand the Set Default concept ? How can I do that ?

>The reordering of attribute options seems to be working ... great ... I need that to work.

> I have doubt on the Male-Female thing ....If it is Male or Female is not set up in a variant , I would think it is Unisex "-" ! :slight_smile: . Is "-" a special attribute option or is it a normal string ?

What I mean is : In that case of the product you created "PRODUCT MULTI VARIATION 1"
    If you select Color Blue then Size Large , there is only a possibility to have Gender "-"
    I created Yellow / Large / Male and ... Male and - are showing up in the Gender if I select Blue /Large .. in which Male is really not in stock !
    So it seems that :
    1- the process looks for products in stock in the priority order of the attributes as defined ( which is then relevant to the search ) . I cannot reorder the attributes ( no facility to reorder Color, Size, Gender ) so it should be documented accordingly ! proposal !
    ( I modestly think ! ) The attributes could be displayed in the product box in the alphabetical order of their slug name .. as a cheap work around ...exactly like the attributes options are ...
    Of course that would be great to be able to modify the slug name post creation for ex product_attr_1 into product_attr_4 so that I am sure it shows up last in the product box ! It seems there is not this possibility ... pity .....

2- The search is a dynamic process that seems to search according to the attributes independently and globally in the stock ! ... What I mean is that if I select Size= Large I will get `Color Blue and Yellow and Gender Male and - . I think that it should be more a refinement process ... I select Blue , I put all the possible result attributes into a dynamic matrix and I will search the next attribute option selected, based on that matrix , which refines the search then .. I thought is was the case but if I select first ...Size = Medium I get only Color Blue as an option but also Gender Male/Female/- which is not a valid choice criteria because only Medium/Blue/- exists ...so the dynamic search result matrix is not passed on to further refining the search :slight_frown: ... Is this clear enough ? , I think you see my point Panos ...
    So at that point I could add Medium/Blue/Male to the shopping basket without any complaint of the cart system ! ... but nothing comes in the basket then ... hmmm....

3- So , to make everything practical as a user , I should be able to reset the search in the product box .... so I can select another attribute for search from scratch .... of course I can refresh the browser but ... I am not sure every user will think of that !`... because after all, a user can start selecting a variant in an order which is NOT the one presented to him in the product box !
    4- to really make it usable .. the text of a currently user selected attribute should change color as it changes the entire search process for the user ....
    Voila, that would be few remarks .....

• Panos

Hi dubernet ,

So sorry! Somehow I wasn't notified!

So to get these issues in line:
    1. You can't add new variations after saving.
    I have attached two files that you need to replace:
    wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/wpmudev-metaboxes/fields/class-wpmudev-field-custom-variations.php
    and
    wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/admin/class-mp-products-admin.php

2. Setting default variation won't work.
    Please replace file:
    wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/template-functions.php
    with the attached template-functions.php file.

3. Reordering attributes
    This can be done through Store Settings > Product Attributes . Click on the attribute you'd like to edit it's items' order.

In the page that appears choose "Custom" at the "Sort By" section and then just drag them to change the order as you like.

As this thread already contains several issue mentions and is getting pretty long, could you please crate a new support thread for each of you other requests?

Thanks!
    Panos

• Panos

Hey dubernet ,

Unfortunately they are not included in 1.3.2. We will be releasing a new version soon which will include the fix for the default variation values.

I don't think that the fix regarding adding new variations will be included as it's not considered urgent bug and this will be more like a stability release. It will be included in the one after though.

So what I would recommend for your live site is to wait until next release is out and then update plugin. After the plugin update, include files mentioned on step 1 in my previous reply.

However I don't like asking you to wait... I would be happy to replace these files for you now and repeat so when next release is out to save you from this trouble :slight_smile:

In such case please take a backup and provide admin and ftp credentials of live site. You can send them as previously through our contact form as on this reply :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/product-attributes-not-editable#post-1161219
    Please also inform by posting here so I get notified faster :slight_smile:

Thanks!
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.