product category images

can I add an image for product categories?

• traceybdl
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks. I’ve installed the category-images-ii plugin, activated product categories under Settings and can upload images but they’re not showing up anywhere. In the plugin documentation it says:

<?php ciii_category_images(); ?>

Used within the loop, the above template tag will show the thumbnails for all the category images for the category of that post.

How do I do that and what does “within the loop” mean?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

It’s code talk, basically to get posts WordPress has a loop, imagine a loop like a bus it goes through collecting the data from the database and then delivers it to the destination which in our case if the browser.

You’re using the SimpleMarket theme right? Or is it another?

Can you give me a direct link to the category page you want it displaying on and include a screenshot of where roughly you want it. It will be the normal archive type page but I just want to be sure before looking and suggesting anything.

Thanks.

• traceybdl
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tim,

Sadly I’m having a really hard time getting this website to come together. I’ve tried four other templates and two other shopping carts before signing up to WPMUDEV.

It must have been one of the the other templates that showed the categories with images in a widget on the home page. I’m now using a child template for the SimpleMarket theme So it sounds like I’ll have to create a specific page to show the categories with images and find this loop in that page? Is an archive page a particular type of page? I’ve hacked around a bit with HTML and CSS but haven’t heard these terms before. Is the loop and if then type or code? Just wondering what I’d look for.

Thanks for your help,

~Tracey

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

If you’re in a child theme (or even parent) then you can make a custom file for MarketPress and name it:

mp_category.php

This is an for categories. When this file doesn’t exist it defaults to the page.php template

You can read more about MarketPress custom template files here:

/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt

Hopefully that should clear this up for you.

You can copy the code over from a normal theme template into the custom one and then add plugins code.

Let me know how you get on.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.