product conflict between stores with marketpress/multisite

Hey,

I am running a mutltisite WordPress install in subdirectory mode, because that is all my host supports. Also using domain mapping so each WordPress blog has its own domain. I have it setup like this: store1.com is the base WordPress install, and also a store of its own (when typed in this goes to main store) store1.com/store2 is a second store linked to another domain (so when someone types in http://www.store2.com, they are actually going to store1.com/store2, but they see http://www.store2.com in browser).

If I have store1 setup on /, and another store2 setup on /store2 using multisite, the base store directories must be different? I thought I was using them as the same for awhile without conflict, but then I did something and now if both store URL (default is /store) are the same it breaks both sites. I would like, if at all possible, to remove /store and simply use / for a cleaner URL to products etc.

So now, when I differentiate the two, make one /store1 and one /store2, they both work EXCEPT the the main blog, store1, is cannibalizing products from store2 and listing them in its store.

Also I can no longer just use /store as the name as it says there is a conflict. I suspect I may have fouled up the database. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there emachino.

The Marketpress slug of /store/ is there to prevent conflicts with other post types.

If you created a new site in a subdirectory install with a username store then there will be conflicts there as they will be try to use the same slug.

So can I confirm the layout here?

network.com/store/ <– MP slug.

– network.com/store1/ <– Subsite 1

– network.com/store2/ <– Subsite 2

– network.com/store3/ <– Subsite 3

You know you can rename the store slug:

Admin –> Products –> Settings –> Presentation

Let me know where you are/go with this and if you have any more questions. A link would help to see whats going on if you do have further questions.

Thanks.

• emachino
    • New Recruit

Ok, no matter what store slug I use – even if both the main site and subsite use different slugs – the main site shows all products from both the main site and subsite. Subsite only shows subsite’s products. Basically the main blog is collecting all products across all blogs. Even though in the “products” section of each site, it only shows the products that actually belong.

Any idea why main site is showing products from the other sites?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there, I think I see what you mean now.

So you have this network activated then?

MarketPress when network activated creates some additional slugs in the network area. Those slugs will pull network wide products.

Admin –> Network Admin –> Settings –> MarketPress

They are the global slugs for display items from the network.

Are these what you refer to?

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings emachino,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.