Product display in Marketpress

Is there a way to display all of the products grouped by category as a default? For example on this website, I'd like to show all of the butterflies for release grouped together, then all of the butterfly jewelry, and finally butterfly accessories. I see this can be accomplished via the drop down menu, but I'd like the display to automatically sort the products on the initial display.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @staehrmedia

I hope you are well today, you could achieve this using shortcodes on a page,

Here's what it says in the shortcodes part of marketpress

Products List [mp_list_products] - Displays a list of products according to preference. Optional attributes default to the values in Presentation Settings -> Product List.

Optional Attributes:

"paginate" - Whether to paginate the product list. This is useful to only show a subset.
    "page" - The page number to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    "per_page" - How many products to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    "order_by" - What field to order products by. Can be: title, date, ID, author, price, sales, rand (random).
    "order" - Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC
    "category" - Limits list to a specific product category. Use the category Slug
    "tag" - Limits list to a specific product tag. Use the tag Slug
    "list_view" - 1 for list view, 0 (default) for grid view
    Example: [mp_list_products paginate="true" page="1" per_page="10" order_by="price" order="DESC" category="downloads"]

Or will this method not work for you?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• staehrmedia

Jack, I think I have the sorting situation "sorted". I set it up to sort by Product ID, and it grouped the products the way I wanted. I'm not sure however that as products are added that the display order will stay. It would be nice to have headlines for each product category on the Products page, with the products then grouped by category. I will need to do some research on the use of shortcodes, as I'm not totally familar with how they are used. Always learning new things with WP and WPMU Dev. My membership is quite valuable!!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @staehrmedia

I hope you are well today.

That's great :slight_smile: So say on 1 page, you have products spanning 3 categories, you'd like them sort of split up into sections with the category heading above each section?

Shortcodes are used in a post, page or sidebar, to display content or a feature, normally when using a shortcode, anything else can also be inputted into the page, allowing for greater customization :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.