Product Display (main store page)

Every time we come across an issue, and it gets resolved, almost without fail another comes up within 24 hours?!? Just wondering, has this plugin ever been able to do what it's supposed to without issue, or is it that we're doing something wrong every step of the way? Really can't see that it's us, to be honest, and I'm pretty good at following instructions and generally catch on to things pretty quickly!

After getting a DB issue resolved, our store page will only show a maximum of 21 items no matter what we set the global short code at when inserting it (right now there are almost 40 products available that should be showing up on that page? What would you need now to view this, pretty sure access is still available under Network Admin for a super suer to view the primary site (www.frommy******yours.com/store). Please advise when you have a moment...

• John

So, we happened to find a short code online that someone posted and it actually paginates as it's supposed too, but it shows the same items on both pages instead of the remainder of items that aren't shown on the first page of 20 items (there are 37 items so far, and our INDEXED ITEMS count is 60 on the . Is this normal behavior?

Additionally, it would appear that the "Add E-Commerce Short Code" function doesn't seem to work as it should, at least for our site, since I can't get it do what the code found in a random post online was able to do for us...

• Tyler Postle

Hey John,

Sorry about the issues you've been facing.

So, we happened to find a short code online that someone posted and it actually paginates as it's supposed too, but it shows the same items on both pages instead of the remainder of items that aren't shown on the first page of 20 items (there are 37 items so far, and our INDEXED ITEMS count is 60 on the . Is this normal behavior?

The issue is that it hasn't actually indexed all your products - that 60 products indexed isn't correct. I'm thinking this might be related to the fix Jude provided for your last issue, I see he was doing some work in the DB. I'm messaging him about this so we can get to the bottom of it :slight_smile:

Additionally, it would appear that the "Add E-Commerce Short Code" function doesn't seem to work as it should, at least for our site, since I can't get it do what the code found in a random post online was able to do for us...

Are you using it on pages with the Visual Composer? It appears there is a conflict there since both come up in popups, our shortcode builder is behind the Visual Builder form. I'll report that as well and see if we can add some compatibility to make it play nicer with Visual Composer.

In the meantime, the easiest way to use the shortcode builder would be to edit a page in the "classic" WP editor view and then once you've customized and inserted the shortcode you can copy it anywhere you like.

Either myself or Jude will reply back once we have a more info/solution on your indexing issue.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Jude

Hey John

Took a look closely at your DB again, everything seems fine. Looks like the newly added products while they show up are not being pulled in the index because of this line of code in the hotfix

$where = " WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND blog_public = 1";

Can you confirm if you have installed the hotfix please ? I am not able to check this as I have only phpmyadmin and wp access at the moment.

Cheers
    Jude

• Panos

Hey John ,

Thanks for your feedback!

After getting a DB issue resolved, our store page will only show a maximum of 21 items no matter what we set the global short code

Could you please confirm if this has been resolved by changing the shortcode as mentioned in your other thread ?

Regarding the indexer not sure why it's displaying the wrong number. The fix provided should be fixing the products on your global store pages, though it will be fixing this only for products added to subsites after fix is applied. It doesn't remove products of subsites that have been deleted prior the fix was applied. These need to be removed manually from the database so please let us know if we can remove them for you.

I have attached the /wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/multisite folder which contains an additional fix regarding global categories which similar were visible when sub-site was deleted. I would suggest to download your previous multisite folder (to keep it as a backup) and then replace it with the one attached here.

Please let us know how this works for you :slight_smile:

NOTE: With the fix you should not need to re-index each time you activate/deactivate/delete etc a sub-site.

Kind regards,
    Panos

• John

Panos,
    From what I understood the DB was already cleaned up by Jude per one of his previous replies, the items being added are still not showing and we're still not able to determine why though he stated something about that line of code ($where = " WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND blog_public = 1"; ) being the issue - not sure which of the two files to locate that in but didn't want to delete it until hearing back from someone.

Once I'm off work, I'll download the existing file and upload the fix you've provided to see if that works - will we need to do anything further, or will this correct even with all the stores/products that have been established to this point (I'm going to pray that your response is NOT to delete and start all over again)? Thanks...

• John

The hotfix was applied, and the results are in the screenshots which show the same items on both pages 1 and 4 (and all 4 pages show the EXACT same 20 items).

And I'm a bit confused: how was this never noticed before now? The plugin is several years old, has no one ever experienced this issue previously?

Please advise, we're still not live and continuing to get further behind. Thanks...

• John

And here's the indexed info - I know you said we shouldn't have to manually index, but when we do it clearly shows a discrepancy, and I'm not even sure what that is indicating (shop page indicates 4 pages that have 20 items on each, albeit the same items on each page) and the Network Store Settings page shows 128 products indexed in whole network and 95 products "get" indexed...

P.S. - when we don't use paginate, it shows 17 rows of 4 plus 1 single item at the end for a total of 69 items - that # is nowhere to be found in the item counts above, makes no sense at all. WTH is that all about?!? lol

• John

Ok, with the pagination issue resolved in the other support thread right now we're left with the issues of all products not showing up still while some are continuing to show as duplicates in the store page, on different pages (think we may have figured this out, see below).

1) The sum of items on all 3 sites in the network show 96 products published (total products = 98) but only 70 seem to show in the four (4) pages on the shop page (www.frommy*******yours.com/store) no matter the setting. When we go to STORE NETWORK settings, it shows 137 products having been indexed, and when manually indexing it returns the correct# of 96 products, while our store page still only shows 70??

2) The duplicates can be seen in the 1st set of screen shots taken this morning, after all corrections were made (i.e. hotfix was applied, shortcode was updated per Panos, etc.). However, after changing the shortcode itself seems the duplicates may no longer be an issue:
    * DUPLICATES SHOW - [mp_list_global_products paginate="1" per_page="20" list_view="0"]
    * NO DUPLICATES - [mp_list_global_products paginate="true" per_page="20" order_by="date" order="ASC" list_view="0"]

Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thanks...

• Panos

Hi John ,

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

I had a look in your db and seems some products have status draft. They should change status when updating the product in the sub sites.

I would need to have a closer look on your files as I can't replicate this issue in my testing sites. Could you please provide ftp credentials? You can send them by replying to the email conversation with Jude.

Make sure you provide:
    Host
    FTP username
    FTP password
    and Port (if required)

When you send them please send a reply here so I can get notified faster :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• John

Any updates here?

We understand it's likely DB related as to why an incorrect number of products showing as indexed under Store Network Settings under NETWORK ADMIN, but we still do not show all indexed products in the store page located at http://www.frommyXXXXXXXyours.com/store.

Currently, only 72 items show up on the store page, and we have 97 total products indexed so I'm guessing that all of those should be viewable on the shop page, correct? Thanks...

• John

Jude,
    We haven't delved that far into whether or not it's a specific site or all sites though it's unlikely to be the issue since all active stores w/products uploaded appear somewhere within the 4 store pages (3 sub-sites are Andy's Favorites, Grandmas Cuties, and M&M's Boutique).

The only thing we know for certain is what's stated above in the previous post that items do not show on the store/shop page as they should:

* We still do not show all indexed products in the store page located at http://www.frommyXXXXXXXyours.com/store (this is the MAIN SITE, not a sub-site)

* Currently only 72 items show up on the store page but we have 97 total products, and there's still the issue of an incorrect product count in Store Network Settings under NETWORK ADMIN

• John

Panos,
    Looks good! Can you elaborate on the symbols issue mentioned in your reply, I'd like to be able to advise the site owner on what she was doing wrong on this (and when you say the issue has been fixed, is that to the point where symbols are now allowed & the product re-indexing will work even with symbols in product titles as we currently see?). Thanks for all your help on this, it's greatly appreciated...

John

• Panos

Hey John ,

It was a soft spot in MarketPress when updating the global products table, wasn't expecting this type of input I assume, but it should be updating properly now!

I tried following after fix applied:
    1. Created new product with symbols on title and was automatically inserted in the global store

2. Changed it's status from Public to Draft and back to Published again and each time it was updated

3. I ran the indexer and products were indexed correctly. I also counted products in the sub sites to make sure :slight_smile:

Please run some tests of your own and let me know if you notice any issues!

Thanks!
    Panos

• John

Panos, been testing, adding/deleting over the last couple days and everything seems to show on the MAIN STORE page as it should (total of 131 items).

I do have one question: when in the NETWORK ADMIN dashboard, why does the STORE NETWORK indexer still display a different quantity when compared to manually indexing (i.e. clicking the INDEX PRODUCTS button)?

See the attached screenshot; is there a reason to be concerned about this, or is it database related and likely items that were previously removed/deleted that still show in the default quantity of products when you open STORE NETWORK page in NETWORK ADMIN? Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.