product link

Hi, some of the product links on the marketplace are resulting in 404 errors - page not found. Looking at the link, I can see that there is a blog link that shouldn't be there...it is like this: user.mysite.com/blog/store/product I have taken a look at the global database and in the products table the link is correct so I don't know how to solve this.

Also I have some members from Northern Ireland, and in the base country, there is no Northern Ireland, or if you select UK, there is no Belfast or whatever and if you select Ireland, there are no options. What would be the best option for them?

Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Fondeli,

I clicked around on your site and wasn't able to find any broken product links - though my guess would be a permalinks issue on one of your sub-sites.

I'll alert the devs to the UK/Ireland issue and see if we can get something added there.

As to the super admin/normal user area, I think that might have more to do with a user's preferences on the screen options (tab in the top right of the 'menus' screen). Perhaps they are hidden for this user?

Thanks!

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks Mason,

I had a look at the permalinks on the site with the broken product link and it seems to be the same as everyone else. Here is a link to the error: http://nadurjewels.fondelifair.com/blog/store/products/288/ though I don't know how much help that is.

Yes I found the screen options, I had activated the Admin Help Content plugin, and that had removed the screen options and help menus there, I deactivated that plugin and they came back....

Aaron, I thought that alright, I said to just use Ireland, and sure then they wanted to know if they could use sterling, and so I said use UK, and then there was no options for Belfast (I hadn't even known there were options as I had it at Ireland all the time), so I've it sorted with them using Ireland with Sterling, that's alright is it? (I don't know, they seem to be finding problems, where I haven't even looked! :0) )

Thank you!!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Fondeli,

That error is just the default WordPress 404 when no content exists. That looks like a post ID or something (rather than the post name - which appears to be what is used on the rest of the site).

Can you check and see if you have any post for that site named 288? If not, I'd recommend simply removing or updating the link.

As for the location quandary, what are they wanting exactly? What errors are they seeing. We're glad to take a look at this with ya.

Thanks!

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Mason,

Where should I remove the link? The only post named 288 is the product, but I don't know where you mean to remove it.

About the location..not to worry, no errors...just thinking too much about it all..I've told them to use Ireland with sterling, it's no problem...so that's that sorted out! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Fondeli,

The only post named 288 is the product, but I don't know where you mean to remove it.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was an actual product. I just took a look and:
    http://nadurjewels.fondelifair.com/store/products/288/ works
    http://nadurjewels.fondelifair.com/blog/store/products/288/ does not work

All links look to be correct - so I was thinking you had manually entered the incorrect link somewhere. I don't know where it came from?

Anyway, all appears to be good on the site at this point.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.