Product Page not displaying all products

A few issues...

1. I can't figure out why MP is only showing my latest item on the categories page for each of our lines. I've only added three products (to our RA Signature Candles) subcategory of "Candles", but when you go to the specific RA Signature Candles page, there is only one product (the latest one added). http://reincarnationsart.com/store/products/category/ra-signature-candles/
Can anyone help me figure this out?

2. The "products page" which is located under my "ShopRA" tab is only showing my header image and none of the products. Why is this page pulling a non-product image? And why when I click on the "read more" just it just stay on that page. I can't figure out where and why it's pulling this image.
http://reincarnationsart.com/store/products/

3. Also, I want to format the sub category pages of each line so that they are displayed in a grid with the title, image, and price. I've added a style sheet so it appears in the dropdown in the store settings, but I am not sure how to approach the css to make this grid happen. Would this plugin be a good start? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/3-free-add-ons-for-marketpress

This is my first WP site and my first foray into e-commerce to bare with me as we proceed as this feels a little foreign to me at times! :wink:

Thanks a ton!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings DreBeltrami,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

1. I can't figure out why MP is only showing my latest item on the categories page for each of our lines. I've only added three products (to our RA Signature Candles) subcategory of "Candles", but when you go to the specific RA Signature Candles page, there is only one product (the latest one added). http://reincarnationsart.com/store/products/category/ra-signature-candles/
    Can anyone help me figure this out?

Well I will certainly try to help figure it out and admit it is strange that it is only displaying one of the three items graphics.

Do you have "Featured Images" for all three?

Does this happen when if you change the theme to Twenty Eleven just long enough to test the category?

Which theme are you using?

We should tackle resolving these issues one at a time.

Please advise on the above.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• DreBeltrami
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe...

I agree, this is a big job and a lot of issues so tackling one at a time is perfect! :slight_smile:

I do have a featured image for all.

I changed the theme to Twentyeleven and all 3 of the products DID show up, however there are still no featured images. While still in Twentyeleven the "store" page only has links to categories.

Even more strange, once I re-activated Family Tree (that's the theme I am using) a;; three products now appear on the, but there is some strange "product" being loaded with strange verbiage and the header image, with the 3 products showing up after with no featured images. The subcategory page for the "RA Signature Candles" does also now have all 3 items now, but only the first one has an image and this time it's the correct image.

-Thanks! :wink:

-Dre

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dre,

Lets please go ahead and continue on http://reincarnationsart.com/store/products/category/ra-signature-candles/ in which I have included a screen shot below of what I see.

Other then the miss-alignment of the price and cart button at the bottom (pointed out in my screen shot), what am I missing here? Anything?

As far as adjusting the miss-alignment at the bottom it appears to me this is being caused by the text (price and cart button) wrapping past the candle graphic. In this case we would want to make the candle graphic have more white space on the bottom or extended on the bottom to stop the text from wrapping around the bottom of the graphic.

But am I missing something else here Dre?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• DreBeltrami
    • Flash Drive

Hey Joe,

I've been plugging away at this all day, so this is def looking better, but I am still not sure why only one of the products is displaying it's featured image? http://reincarnationsart.com/store/products/category/ra-signature-candles/

Also, I removed the existing shortcode to the "store" page and got the items on that page to grid up as well, but on that page there are no images displaying. How do I get those to appear?
    http://reincarnationsart.com/store/

-Dre

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dre,

Do I understand correctly that in my screen shot above we should be seeing a display of three products and not just one?
    http://reincarnationsart.com/store/products/category/ra-signature-candles/

And yes I can clearly see that we are missing all the images for the items in your grid on:
    http://reincarnationsart.com/store/

It is almost time to call in the lead developer of Market Press in here for advice/advise us to what we can do here to get these images to display.

With that in mind I will do a recap here before calling in the troops.

You are using the theme Family Tree. The items show up correctly with images in Twenty Eleven but they are missing in Family Tree, all except the last one entered. This certainly seems like a theme coding problem.

You are running WordPress 3.3.1?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press?

Please advise on the above and then I shall see if I can get the lead developer in here for some possible solution.

Cheers, Joe

• DreBeltrami
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

Yes, you are correct - we should be seeing images for all three on the screen shot and not just the one.

Actually, when I just re-activated TwentyEleven to double check what appears, there are NO images displayed on the products or store pages when that theme is active. There is a grid layout and it does display the add to cart button, but no images.

Yes, I am using WP 3.3.1, on a solo site, no buddypress.

I sure hope the deveoper can shed some light on this, I am in a holding pattern until then as I don't see the value in adding more items until we figure this out. Also, just wanted to mention, that I have variations in there for all three items and none of those are appears, though I am not sure how and where those should appear anyway.

Thanks again for your continued help on this issue!

-Dre

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dre,

I just had a thought about this image issue that may be of some significance.

Not all themes use the featured image or honor the featured image so to speak. They will grab an image from within a post and they will create a thumbnail from a posts embedded image presenting that instead.

Could you please try, while leaving the featured images just as they are, testing using embedded in the post images and see if you get any results from this?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dre,

Thank you for your patience and thank you for working with me to get this resolved using your theme.

If you temporarily try this same test with Frame Market/Grid Market I am sure that all will show like it is supposed to.

However, this will not get us any closer to figuring out why it does not work with your specific theme.

I will ping the lead developer to see if he can offer us some advice/advise us on how to possibly fix this problem. This may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, but I will do my best to get him in here to look at this asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ok, so your problems in Genesis are theme specific. It does some weired handling of featured images that tries to take over from what MarketPress. I'm not familiar with it, but I think there are some Genesis settings you can tweak to fix that. The problem is it's including an extra featured image on every page, which you need to turn off.

Additionally I think you are saying that no featured images show in the product list page /store/products/ in twentyeleven? If so then make sure you have those turned on in MP settings display tab. I think that's why they are not showing in Genesis as well.

• DreBeltrami
    • Flash Drive

Makes sense, so what elements would I tweak in Genesis or FT to get MP to read things right?

I went ahead and removed the featured image on all 3 items, and I turned on the images in the MP settings so both the product and store pages displaying thumbnails...and STILL no images are appearing except for the 1st image on the product page. Another words those changes didn't net any changes on the site.

Let me know what you'd like me to try next...

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dre,

I see our lead developer popped in to offer help and I believe he marked this ticket as resolved but not sure - that is why I am checking in with you.

If you are still having an issue related to this thread and the ticket had been marked as resolved, you should simply check mark the box below --> marking the ticket as not resolved or we may not see your additional input or reported difficulties.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

You need to turn off featured images in single posts/pages in Genesis settings (note I have a hack for this in a MP 2.5.4 forthcoming).

Then add featured images to your products. as long as you've turned on the images in the MP settings for product listings it'll work.

• DreBeltrami
    • Flash Drive

WOOHOO (forgive while I do a cartwheel!) we've got images now! Thanks a ton for helping me figure this out! Those themes always come up with new little ways to keep us all on our toes!

Now, on to the next, can I get Joe back and hopefully he can help me with my other issues? I am wondering why the variations I've added to each item aren't showing up.

Thanks again!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dre,

To be completely safe you may want to download you current Market Press plugin folder contents to your computer before the update.

Then run the update to see if all the issues with Genesis are resolved.

Waiting to hear from you.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.