Product Pages and Checkout Pages Issue

Hi,

1. I have the Issue Upfront theme and was wondering how I change the background on the product pages from green to white. In Upfront Editor, I have a placemat which I can't edit and can't figure it out.

2. Also, the cart, checkout etc. pages after adding a product to the cart don't seem to function. I also see the placemats in for example the checkout page but don't get that on my page. How do I do this? Someone else had given me a shortcode already for my store page because something was not working properly. I added a widget to the cart page but that also doesn't seem to work well.

Should I edit the page the Wordpress way, delete the text and add a shortcode?

Thank you,

Sander

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sander,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

1. I have the Issue Upfront theme and was wondering how I change the background on the product pages from green to white. In Upfront Editor, I have a placemat which I can't edit and can't figure it out.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "placemat" but in order to change background for product pages please follow these steps:

- open any product in browser (that doesn't matter which one)
    - run Upfront editor then by clicking on "Upfront" link in an admin toolbar
    - when you hover over parts of the page you will notice a navy-blue triangle icon in top right corner of each section; it's an "edit background" icon so click on it
    - then click on "settings" (gray "gear" image) icon that shows up
    - in Upfront sliding panel on the left select "Solid Color" from the "Background type" option drop-down list
    - select the color using color picket below
    - click on "OK" button
    - repeat steps above for all the sections of the page that you wish to change background color for

Once this is all done, click on "Update" button in Upfront panel and when asked whether to apply changes to "this post only" or to "all posts of this type" select "all posts of this type". That way the change will be applied automatically to all product pages (including those for products that you will add in future).

2. Also, the cart, checkout etc. pages after adding a product to the cart don't seem to function. I also see the placemats in for example the checkout page but don't get that on my page. How do I do this? Someone else had given me a shortcode already for my store page because something was not working properly. I added a widget to the cart page but that also doesn't seem to work well.

Upfront is compatible with MarketPress and WooCommerce now so there shouldn't be a widget/shortcode added to checkout page via Upfront. If it's there you may remove it, the default MarketPress setup should work with it.

That said, if there's any shortcode or a widget added to handle checkout page via front-end, please edit that page and remove them, then go to "Pages -> All pages" in site's backend and edit the checkout page there.

Make sure that you did not change the default template and only the

[mp_checkout]

shortcode is added there.

I suggest switching WP editor to "Text" mode in order to add the shortcode. If that doesn't work you might want to go through two additional steps:

- first go to "Upfront -> General" page in backend and click on "Reset Upfront cache" button (please be careful and make sure that you reset cache actually and not entire theme!)
    - second go to "Settings -> Permalinks" and re-save current settings.

Let me know please if that worked for you.

Kind regard,s
    Adam

• Sander Vanacker

Hi,

I enabled access before the questions so please check it out. I don't think we're on the same page here.

The product page has a placeholder (not placemat sorry) and I cannot edit the background of the text. The green doesn't even show up in the Upfront Editor. How do I edit the product page if I can only see a placeholder?

I was given a shortcode by support for the store page because it didn't seem to work. If you take a look, you'll see that the Marketpress plug in doesn't function properly. Also, after adding something to the cart and pressing checkout on the page, it redirects to the cart. When I look at the checkout page via Upfront Editor, there is also a placeholder but the placeholders don't match the actual pages.
    It's hard to explain so if you could run through the checkout process, you'll see.

Thank you.

• Dimitris

Hey there Sander Vanacker,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I think I got the cart page to work properly by adding the shortcode through the back end. However, the checkout page still doesn't work..

I just went ahead and made some changes in HummingBird Minification considering MarketPress and I was able to see cart and checkout pages successfully.
    FYI the changes I made can be found in my reply here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wp-hummingbird-not-working-with-marketpress#post-1202200

The product page has a placeholder (not placemat sorry) and I cannot edit the background of the text. The green doesn't even show up in the Upfront Editor. How do I edit the product page if I can only see a placeholder?
    When I look at the checkout page via Upfront Editor, there is also a placeholder but the placeholders don't match the actual pages.

These placeholders are used as the actual MP data are being rendered while UF is active.
    In order to make changes in there, you should use the custom CSS preset for products.

If you point to me which exact parts you want to alter, I'd be more than happy to provide you the necessary CSS selectors.

On the other hand, if you want to change background color for the whole region where the MP product lies, have a look in my screencast demo here
    https://www.screencast.com/t/qUx7fEDmNE4

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.