Product Tag Cloud in Multisite

Hi,

I have MarketPress and Global Site Tags installed on one site of a two-site multisite setup and I'd like to be able to show the product tag cloud on the other site (the one without MarketPress installed). Since another thread on here implies that Global Site Tags won't include the Product Tags (doesn't that defeat the purpose?) I tried using this shortcode provided: [mp_global_tag_cloud limit="100"] from this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/global-site-tags-there-are-no-tags-to-display#post-202081. It still just shows up as text in the widget.

Is there a way to get the Product tags to appear on the other site?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again Allison,

Oh, I think I get what you're after (sorry, I can be thick sometimes).

Are you trying to get the tags to display with nifty background images? If so, their appearance depends on how links are styled in your theme. You can create a custom style for those particular tags by targeting div.mp_tag_cloud_widget a.

For example, adding the following to your theme's style-sheet would style your tags like in the screenshot. Note the added font-size to prevent large tags from breaking onto new lines. Change the image URL to one you upload to your media library.

div.mp_tag_cloud_widget a {
    background-color: #EEEEEE;
    background-image: url("http://s.wordpress.org/about/images/wpmini-blue.png");
    background-position: 3px center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
    border-radius:5px;
    color: #411B8B;
    font-size: 16px !important;
    line-height: 2em;
    padding: 2px 5px 2px 24px;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

Have fun! :slight_smile:

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya,
    Greetings of the day.
    I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.
    Are you still seeking support on this one or managed to get it resolved ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same
    Thanks for being a great community member !
    Cheers
    Tom

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.