Product theme and thumbnails

Could I get some help with the template-blognews.php template and displaying post thumbnails. Maybe some extra code needed that I have no idea where to put. Thanks in advance.

• Tammie

@Mitch: As I said we will have it in the theme as soon as wordpress 3.0 is released it's ready to go but I can't release it until the full version of wordpress 3.0 is done once that is you will have it. My estimate is a few weeks at worst for it. You can add it in yourself but as it's not a major functional effect I would say wait for the official update as you can be assured it works then and all the work is done for you.

However should you want to do it yourself I have helped already with links and asking for a link to see - you can hardly claim I haven't helped. As even more help here is the code you need to add but as I said I'd wait until our official release as I have not tested this outside the 3.0 version.

1. library/functions/custom-functions.php:

add:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // new thumbnail code for wp 2.9+
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    if ( function_exists( 'add_theme_support' ) ) { // Added in 2.9
    add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );
    set_post_thumbnail_size( 150, 150, true ); // Normal post thumbnails
    add_image_size( 'single-post-thumbnail', 400, 9999 ); // Permalink thumbnail size
    }

2. Anywhere in library/postloop and library/buddypress/buddypress-postloop.php (these are both your post functions) where you want to show thumbnails included the following code:

<?php if(function_exists('the_post_thumbnail')) { ?><?php if(get_the_post_thumbnail() != "") { ?><div class="alignleft">
    <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?></div><?php } } ?>

Make sure you have all the alignleft and so on styles.. you should do.

• Tammie

@mitch: Cool think we had a crossed wires sorry if my fault. I would say yes wait for the update. If you are not completing for a few weeks you can hopefully launch with wordpress 3.0 and the latest version of Product. We've got a 'updated in 24hours guarantee' on all themes an plugins for wordpress 3.0 and many are getting more than just a compatibility update. For instance, Product gets the thumbnails and the new page navigation in wordpress 3.0 - hopefully both useful to you.