Product theme cannot find stylesheet

I've just installed the Product theme but all that is displayed are three lines saying "Please login and add widgets to this column" - no stylesheet, even when I manually select one from the theme options.

Any idea why it is not finding the stylesheet?

Thanks.

By the way, I'm sorry to say, but the search function on the forums here is not very good - searching (on the Product forum page) for posts related to the Product theme brings up anything but that, then wipes the search field so you cannot even try and narrow the search. Is there no way of only searching a particular forum (i.e. in this case the Product theme forum?)

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

So under wp-content/themes you have Product listed? It's a puzzle as with no plugins and on my test installs I quite simply can't recreate.

Are you on the latest version of Product? Are you using WordPress / BuddyPress? Multisite? Can you tell me a little more about your setup please?

I assume you've tried removing plugins to see if something is effecting it?

• Arthur
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yes, it's there. I do, however, have a number of plugins installed. I guess I could/should try deactivating/removing them and then trying again, as you suggest, but clearly I will want to use them for stuff like product display (MarketPress) social media integration, contact forms, etc. (most are PremiumDev plugins).

It is, however, a simple, non-network, non-buddypress site, running everything up-to-date.

I have just noticed that another of your themes, Business, also has the same problem...

Next step I guess is to remove the plugins but it's a pain, especially with the integrating the social network apps, etc. and I thought all your plugins and themes worked with each other - the only significant non-wpmudev plugin (I don't count Akismet or Hello Dolly!) I had active when activating Product was Contact Form7 with Really Simple Captcha (which I have used elsewhere before becoming a premium member here). Since the site is now live I cannot afford to have that down for long..

But, I know from experience that stripping things down is usually the only way of finding the problem (though it doesn't always work..)

Will try and let you know - thanks.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

I don't see an answer to this (sorry if you did can you repeat please):

Are you on the latest version of Product? Are you using WordPress / BuddyPress? Multisite? Can you tell me a little more about your setup please?

I want to try and replicate what you have on my test set up.

• Arthur

Yes, everything is up-to-date, the themes and WP itself - 3.2.1 single install (no multisite, no buddypress).

Thanks!

ps I have a cloud reseller account in which this site sits, and actually I am having (different) problems with another WP site (this time multisite), so maybe there's some weird server config thing going on...

• Arthur

Hi Tammie

Just to add even more confusion...I've installed it on another site on the same server/account and...it seems to work...I mean I didn't enable it but the preview showed the full stylesheet with the text, etc...

I'm not sure how to proceed except attempting a re-install and partial restore (the database and the uploads folder for the uploaded media). I'd then install the theme first before adding back the plugins, etc - possibly even before restoring the old files..

I'll keep you posted but if anyone else has any clue what's going on I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks again for trying to solve this bizarre problem!

• Arthur

Hi - sorry, missed your post for some reason..

The site is http://www.tusal-artisan-nuts.com but since the whole site disappears when I activate the Product theme (or Business theme for that matter, possibly all WPMU Dev themes...) it is not active. Other themes work ok and curiously, as I've said earlier, your themes work on another site on the same server, so I really can't imagine what's causing it.

When I get a moment late at night, I will try the re-install/partial restore.

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya Arthur,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved with that late night check? In another thread? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.