Product theme/ MarketPress Plugin change category

Hi,
I created a product and added it to a Product category "dresses". I then realized that I wanted dresses to be capitalized so I changed to category to "Dresses".
The product still shows as lower case "dresses" on the Global recent post widget.
I deleted the widget and re-installed, and I double checked that I have the product category capitalized on the sub site, the blog template and the main site but it still shows as dresses not Dresses. Suggestions?

• Mason

Hiya sdominique,

Are you only runnign MarketPress or are you using our post indexer plugin to create your global post list?

If only MarketPress - is it displaying the change correctly in the admin (for instance on the post listing page) or is it also not updating there?

We may need to login into the database to fix this one up. If it's not displaying correctly, we can go to the wp_mp_terms table and manually update the 'Name' option to the new capital letter.

I'm going to ask the developer to look into this as well and see if this is something we need to look into further.

Let me know what you find and if you need further instruction on updating this value in the database.

Thanks!

• Aaron

Global indexing is not tied to the taxonomy, so changes there won't reflect. Instead it's tied only to the products with the tax slug as the unique key.

So basically you would need to resave at least one product with that category to update the index. If the slug is unchanged then it will update the name for all associated products, otherwise it would create it as a new category and the old one would still exists.

I can't think of a way to change this behavior technically in an efficient way, but I'll look into it.

• Atlanta

Aaron, I re-saved all products under Dresses and it didn't work. I also added a new product just in case, it didn't update, not sure what I was doing wrong.

Mason, wp_mp_terms fixed it. Thx.

Question for you guys... If I have a multi DB with say 16 databases. Do I have to go in to each DB in PHPMyAdmin and update wp_mp_terms to Dresses or is there a way to change all 16 wp_mp_terms at once?

Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.