product theme not loading properly

hey, i had some major issues with my wp installation the last few days. i think everything is restored and seems to be working fine. however when i reinstalled product theme and activate the child theme for my sites, the theme doesnt load properly. i attached screen shots of two sites i tried to activate product child for.

also, in my themes section under appearance menu, i took a screen shot of what the product parent and child theme look like before you activate the child. there is no image on the parent theme...i cant remember if there was an image last time.

like i said, i had some major problems this weekend with my multisite network - moxietoday.com maybe something happened along the way?

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@danieldalonzo: Hmm something isn't right there at all. There should be an image for the child theme and infact is in my test install so that doesn't bode well. Weirdly it's got the right path for the theme so that's not the issue. What happens when activating the parent is it only the child that has issues? Have you tried redownloading them? If you could it would be great to give a link as screenshots only can take me so far in helping sadly.

• danieldalonzo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

i had this problem before and after i downloaded a new version from wpmudev. like i said, my site underwent some major problems and now it seems to be functioning properly aside from product.

heres a link to one of the sites the wont work with product... internal.moxietoday.com

i just tried to activate the parent theme and it gave the same results as the child.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@danieldalonzo: There has to be something with your install I'm afraid to say as I can't replicate. I'd thinking maybe permlinks, htaccess.. something like that perhaps. I've not seen this issue though and I can't say what issues your site had - was it anything related to those?

• danieldalonzo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

yes there was an issue with htaccess i believe. also, when i tried to do another installation of wordpress and multisite into a different subdirectory for an entirely different domain i think i tried to edit the previous htaccess file. is it possible to start from scratch with a new fresh installation of MU then import my content? i exported using the built in tool in my dashboard. if i export my content using that tool on the main site's dashboard, will i have to export every subdomains content also? or will it all be inside the main sites export?

• mrsimnok
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have exactly the same issue Tammie and Daniel - nothing showing except some links to tell me to add widgets when I install Product through the WordPress theme installer, and the same when I install via FTP. Mine is in development; Tammie, can I pm you the details of how to get in and take a look around, I can set up an account for you if needed? If so, how do I reach you? Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey danieldalonzo.

Could you please check if your php currently has SuHosin installed?

If you are unsure how then it may be best to ask your hosting provider. Or creating a php file like so:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Name it what ever you wish, upload it via FTP and then load it in your browser. This will show your current PHP install so you can see if SuHosin is active.

Let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.