Product Variations Id showing up

I added New Variations to one of my products.
The next product i added had the same variations but they are showing up in the list as the variation Id not the Variation Name. Any ideas?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello fsol,

I hope you're well today!

I checked your page and I'm not sure if we're on the same side here. Could we please clarify this a bit?

There's a products with two attributes: "Teeth" and "Mouth". For "Teeth" I can see there's a number value everywhere and I suppose it's fine. The second column which is "Mouth" includes "Angry" variation and what you say is ID.

When you click on "Add new variation" you can add another "row" to the variation table and feel in "Teeth" and "Mouth" values any way you wish. So, the number here are not "IDs" but values that you can define freely. The "row" here would be a variation and you can edit these (their values) by clicking on a blue "square" icon next to it.

That said, could you please elaborate a bit on what exactly should "Variation" table consist for that product? This would help me troubleshoot potential bug and/or describe MarketPress workflow better (and check if I'm missing anything here).

Thanks,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello fsol,

Thank you for your replay!

I've visited your site and did what you told me. Indeed, there's an ID instead of actual variation. Furthermore, I was able to replicate it on my own setup with different theme.

That said, I'm reporting this to the developer as a critical bug and hopefully they'll be able to release the fix in no time.

Thank you very much for pointing this out and please keep an eye on this thread for further information :slight_smile:

Happy New Year!
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello fsol!

I hope you're having a nice day. According to the developer the fix is ready and should be released with an upcoming MarketPress update. I'm not able to give you ETA on the update itself but I'm pretty sure it's planned for very near future. That said, please keep plugin updated and this should become resolved upon aforementioned update.

Best regards,
    Adam

• fsol
    • Flash Drive

I'm revisiting this ticket as the newest versions of MarketPress (3.1 and 3.1.1) still have variations issues.
    We were using version 3.1 and were able to add the patch you sent us. Now with 3.1.1 out, the patch is no longer valid as the file we are supposed to replace has changed significantly.
    There are still issues with the variations not getting deleted. Also, when new variations are added to a product, they add doubles, and they are treated as though they don't exist on list pages - the price doesn't show up and neither do the images. (This can be seen on the Products list in the back end as well as the product list page we're trying to build.)
    I know that there is a lot of work going on with MarketPress - but the patch we received to fix 3.0 in the first place was never added to the core. As of now, MarketPress is unusable again. Clients and developers are getting angry.

Thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi fsol,

The previous patch should be included in version 3.1.1 and testing this on my installation doesn't return any errors.
    I was able to see variation names properly, delete them and after that creating new ones didn't create duplicates.

I would like to have a look at this on your end to check if I'm missing something and to see what exactly is going on there, so could you grant us support access again?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• fsol
    • Flash Drive

I think the doubling issue has to do with another plugin that we're building to handle some functionality that MarketPress doesn't have.

The issue that still needs to be resolved deals with extra variations - we created a product and added variations, then removed the variations, then added them again. (This process would probably happen in any store that the products need to be adjusted from time to time.) The Product list page in the back end reports 14 variations when the product only actually has 4 - also, no image or price is shown although the product and its variations have both.

I've granted support access again. Thank you for looking into this!

• fsol
    • Flash Drive

To make this a little more confusing, the issues we saw at the end of the day yesterday have disappeared - we had to make the changes again to get the issue to appear again, indicating there might be some session problems.

• fsol
    • Flash Drive

The custom plugin is not present in this dev test site - it's only running the bare minimum of plugins in order to facilitate this conversation.
    What we did was created a product and gave it two variation vectors (Mouth and Teeth) with two variations each (Mouth has Smile and Sad, Teeth has Green and Yellow). We populated the main Price box. We then created the variations array - post automatically saves after creating. We then deleted the variations from the product. We then added them back again (same variation vectors, same variations.) We then added an image to each variation in the array using the Update Images batch action. We then looked at the Products -> All Products list page, and the prices of the variations and the images no longer show up. I tried to set a default variation after this and checked All Products again, and still no image or price shows up. Also, the $product->image() function call doesn't seem to find any images after the variations are re-added.
    And then to complicate matters more, this morning when we arrived I looked at it again, and the prices and images did show up until I ran through the process again afterward. Seems like there could be something going on in sessions that is getting cleared out overnight.

Let me know if you have more questions.
    Thank you!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi fsol,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, after reading through it carefully and seeing the issue on your installation I did same test on my end and now I was able to replicate the issue there as well.

I have created bug report for this and forwarded it to our developers.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• fsol
    • Flash Drive

I figured out the issue with the doubling variations now too - it's some kind of collision with Advanced Custom Fields PRO. (It doesn't happen with the free version.)
    I added variations to a product before enabling ACF PRO and they were created as expected. I deleted the variations and activated ACF PRO and added the variations again and they were created with duplicates. I'm guessing there might be issues between the WPMU Metabox code and the ACF PRO code - they both seem to do the same things and are pretty close code-wise. I would also guess that since it is broken with the paid version but not the free version that it has something to do with repeater fields. (The free version of ACF doesn't have the repeater field functionality.)

Hope this helps - thanks again for looking into these issues.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello fsol!

Thank you for your response and thanks for letting us know about that finding. That's indeed helpful!

However, I do not have access to ACF PRO and as it seems that the free version wouldn't be useful here, I've got limited options for testing. Is there any staging site of yours (or maybe you could setup one) that I could use for testing?

Let me know please!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi fsol,

Thanks for setting it up, I had a look at this and see that ACF is installed however when I created variations I didn't end up with duplicates.
    Can you please let me know if I'm missing something or perhaps provide us with some additional steps we could follow in order to replicate this?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• fsol
    • Flash Drive

I removed the variations, added a gallery field to products, and re-added the variations, and they were duplicated. I then removed the variations again, removed the gallery field, added a text field, and re-added the variations, and they were duplicated again. So any fields added to the product are causing it to duplicate variations.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi fsol,

Thanks for the additional info, I was now able to see the issue on your site.
    I managed to get a hold of ACF PRO 5.3 in the meantime (you're running 5.4.3) to test on my end and following exact same steps doesn't cause duplicated items on my end.

It looks like there's some code in ACF version after 5.3 that is causing this behaviour so you should check with their developers about this as they should be able to check post 5.3 changes and determine what's causing it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.