Products added by shops (blogs) do not appear on the main Shop (blog) global products

As per the subject title.... products that are added by blogs do not appear in the main global blog listing. This is no different whether or not you select the "limit products/shortcodes to admin blog" option available to super admin in marketpress options. Having purchased this theme today I am in fact really disappointed with it.

• Tammie

First up what do you mean by main blog - are you expecting to see all global products on the first page not just that shops ones? The front page shows that shop by default... however we also provide a range of other files like mp_global_category and so on. You could set one of those as a template easily using the template mechanism in WordPress... I just want to know what you mean before advise.

We also have custom functions in the theme so we can if know what area you mean / expect to see maybe find a way using those.

Lets also make sure you are on the latest version so we are on the same page.

All that said if you can provide a link to what you mean that will help us also be on the same page.

• mrowles

The main blog on a multisite is set through network setup in super admin it is the blog that appears when you visit the url in question.
    The question would be -- Is the grid market theme set up to show the global products in the store section by default. If this is the case then it answers my question and I need to edit the theme to show global products and create a second theme that shows only products the user creates so that when they activate their shop it will only show their products.
    I'm currently integrating buddypress into the theme and creating a woo themes style option panel.
    on a separate note and maybe I need to start a new thread but the creation of products is awful in order to get the theme to show my image I have to set it as a feature image. I would expect any decent ecommerce plugin to have a custom upload image section in the add product screen.

PPS.. I absolutely love the drop down cart functionality very well thought out.

• mrowles

The main blog on a multisite is set through network setup in super admin it is the blog that appears when you visit the url in question.
    The question would be -- Is the grid market theme set up to show the global products in the store section by default. If this is the case then it answers my question and I need to edit the theme to show global products and create a second theme that shows only products the user creates so that when they activate their shop it will only show their products.
    I'm currently integrating buddypress into the theme and creating a woo themes style option panel.
    on a separate note and maybe I need to start a new thread but the creation of products is awful in order to get the theme to show my image I have to set it as a feature image. I would expect any decent ecommerce plugin to have a custom upload image section in the add product screen.

PPS.. I absolutely love the drop down cart functionality very well thought out.

• Tammie

Just to clarify.. you want when people go to your main site to see global products? If this is right it isn't set up to do that by default.. but we can have a natty function that should be able to sort that for you.

I will state I have not tried this however I'm also thinking in the next version of adding some 'options' this being one. So let us see what we can get for you on that.

We have a series of 'global' template files. So we can in theory (I stress this is theory but lets explore). Take what we have there. For instance go into mp_global_products.php (under GridMarket). Inbetween #content you have:

<?php if ( class_exists( 'MarketPress' ) ) {
    		?>
    			<div id="mp-product-grid">
    		<h1 class="entry-title"><?php echo framemarket_page_title_output(); ?></h1>
    					<?php
    					if ( $slug = get_query_var('global_taxonomy') ) {
    					      $args = array();
    					      $args['echo'] = false;
    					      $args['category'] = $slug;

//check for paging
    					      if (get_query_var('paged'))
    					        $args['page'] = intval(get_query_var('paged'));

$content = framemarket_mp_list_global_products( $args );
    					      $content .= get_posts_nav_link();

} else { //no category set, so show list
    					      $content .= mp_global_categories_list( array( 'echo' => false ) );
    					    }
    						echo $content;
    					?>
    				<div class="clear"></div>
    			</div>
    		<?php
    	}
    	?>

What there is there is if you see the framemarket_ prefix as custom function. Any of the ones with framemarket_ under are stored in the parent theme FrameMarket under library/functions (just for reference).

So.. we can first off try replacing this in index.php:

<?php if ( class_exists( 'MarketPress' ) ) {
    		?>
    								<h1 class="entry-title"><?php _e( 'Our products', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN ) ?></h1>
    			<div id="mp-product-grid">
    				<?php framemarket_grid_mp_list_products();?>
    				<div class="clear"></div>
    			</div>
    		<?php
    	} else { get_template_part( 'content'); } ?>

An alternative to that could be making mp_global_products.php a template file like this - copy the contents of the file to site_global_products.php. At the top add:

<?php
    /*
    Template Name: Site products
    */
    ?>

Now just set it to a page and set that as a static front page.

If you can report if that does what you expect or not for me please. It should or at least get to a starting point.

There are a bunch of custom functions in that library/functions/theme.php and library/functions/marketpress.php you probably will find useful.

If you have issues with MarketPress itself then yes please open a thread linking to MarketPress. I can help you about the theme however not on the plugin itself as well as one of our developers can.

I'm so pleased you like the sliding cart and we've also got 2 more child themes planned. I will note this is the first theme for MarketPress so expect both more options and things to change over time. I would strongly advise you create your own child if you are doing heavy modifications (don't know if you are). You can just copy all of the GridMarket files into YourGrid (or whatever want to call it) and rename the theme in style.css. Forgive me if you knew this but don't know if you do so suggesting. At some point expect native BuddyPress support also.

• mrowles

Hi Tammie

i've downloaded and activated version 1.2 well first I auto upgrade and then I deleted the both themes and reinstalled taking gridmarket out of frame market and putting it into wp-content/themes.

I get the follow error in the theme options

Show global or just that main shop products on the front? Select one

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/shopzes1/public_html/wp-content/themes/framemarket/options/options-setup.php on line 77

I've walked through the code and it look like $show_options in options setup in the offender. If I chnge this to $picker_options it removes the error but doesn't set the options upon saving.

I've attempted to change this to $front_options and [frontinput] in framemarket/options/options-setup.php
    i've also changed all corresponding entries of [showinput] and $show_options (replacing show with "front" in options.php, index.php and options-values.php

Any ideas are welcome??

Mark

• Tammie

There should be no need to change any of those I don't get that error. Can you make sure you remove both themes and download then upload fresh please. It should be show_options as that is the value to show or not:

$show_options = array(
    	'Local' => array(
    		'value' => 'Local',
    		'label' => __( 'Local' )
    	),
    	'Global' => array(
    		'value' => 'Global',
    		'label' => __( 'Global' )
    	)
    );

option-values.php

If you still get it after you've redone just send ftp details to the contact form on this site marked for my attention but I will just be uploading the theme as I have it which is the same as the download. It works on several tests I have done. Also I will need admin access to your installation along with this. However, I can't replicate.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.