Products do not show

Using headway 2.09 with latest Market Press. Installs fine however,no products show up only blank. Subscribed specifically for this plugin with headway and it does not work

Please help!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi bmcclain123 and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I usually customize these pages using shortcodes or template tags (from the template-functions.php file) so I tend to miss circumstances like this.

Could you try navigating in your Headway Visual Editor to the Store page and publishing/saving the changes there to see if that resolves this?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi bmcclain123,

I can see now that workaround wouldn't resolve this particular case of the Products page not displaying properly. Both MarketPress and Headway have received major updates recently and it appears something affected a few MarketPress pages in the process. I'll alert the developers to the matter.

Meanwhile, I've used the following workaround to get the product listings displayed.

1. Navigate to Products > Store Settings > Presentation and scroll to the bottom of the page of options there. You should see an option Products List. Simply change that to something like 'prod'.

2. Create a new Page called Products and in that page insert the shortcode [mp_list_products]. For the parent page, select Store. Publish this page.

I'll take a look through everything else to see where there might be other concerns as well, but that should at least get the product listing to display. It also provides you with an easy way to further customize the product listing page as well.

Thanks for your patience as we get this sorted!

- David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi bmcclain123,

Glad that worked well for you, and I'll be happy to work through this one with you so if you have further questions or concerns please let me know. I've had a lot of fun customizing Headway myself and wouldn't mind delving into these possibilities. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi bmcclain123,

As we've got the products displayed with this workaround I'll go ahead and resolve this particular thread. If you experience any other difficulties please let us know with a separate thread and we'll take a look at getting that sorted for ya!

Thanks,
    David

• bmcclain123
    • New Recruit

Hello David,

Actually this workaround only works until a refresh is done and then the cart no longer appears. I actually gave up on the non functional product and installed a different solution that works. You guys really need to address this lack of functionality ESPECIALLY given the exorbitant prices you are charging, I would caution anyone expecting functionality as promised to be 100% by your advertisements as being downright misleading. Your followup is great however, even with the most recent update your product still is not compatible.

• Robert
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

bmcclain123,

I've been trying to make Headway and MarketPress work together for the last day or two, and am sorry I didn't see this post earlier. So far, I can't get Headway (and the Excerpts+ leaf) to display MarketPress's products. You seem to have had a similar problem, and have found something else that works. (I assume you mean a MarketPress replacement, not a Headway replacement.) Can you tell me what you are using that does work? I may need to switch myself. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.