Products page

Products are not showing up on product page but shows up on individual product page. I need help!!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey justfacs.

Thanks for reporting that, but we are going to need some more information here in order to help :slight_smile:

Your running WordPress Lite? You posted in that forum.

You know you can use the full version of WordPress:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce

You simply deactivate the lite version and activate the pro version. It keeps the settings and everything.

Anyway.

So... Are you using our GridMarket, FrameMarket or SimpleMarket theme? If not then you need to create the front of site. you can use the shortcodes found here:

Admin --> Products --> Shortcodes

Pop them on a page then under:

Admin --> Pages --> Add Page

Then assign it to the front of your site here:

Admin --> Settings --> Reading

Make that page is the front of your site.

MarketPress also has slug pages found here:

Admin --> Products --> Presentation

You can alter them as you see fit.

In addition to all that, if you use MarketPress in a network install there are additional shortcodes, widgets and slugs in:

Admin --> Nework Admin --> Settings --> MarketPress

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions then please just let us know.

Take care.

• justfacs

Ok. I have uploaded/activated the full marketpress. I am not using any of the themes because I want to keep the one I have. I just want the products to display when they click on the products link from the drop down menu. This is what displays on the products page http://justfacs.com/dagoodieshop/products/

I have created a test products page that works the way I want the products page to work. So how can I get access to the products page so I can change it or how can I delete it and just use the test product page that I created as the products page.

I hope this makes sense. This is very difficult for me as I have no experience doing anything like this. I am learning everything as I go and teaching myself.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

I hope this makes sense. This is very difficult for me as I have no experience doing anything like this. I am learning everything as I go and teaching myself.

No worries, thats how we all learn :slight_smile:

Currently you can edit the store page as this is a physical page, however the products page is a slug and generated by the plugin so that cannot be edited directly. Same for checkout and the other slugs below the default /store/ (or whatever its changed to)

You could create your custom page separately and then just link to that from your menu area. That should work for you.

Take care.

• Dean Kaus

Hello @justfacs I was following up on your site and see that your product page is still not working. One of the reasons is in your code it appears that the link should read as the following

http://justfacs.com/category/just-facs-products/

When I enter that into the url a product page does pull up. So not sure exactly how your template is set up. (some use permalinks etc...) If using the permalinks you will need to change to the above link to get that working properly.

Hopefully that will solve your problem.

• aecnu

Greetings justfacs,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.