Profile activate plugins

Curious, I heard that there's plugins to profile activate plugins as asked here. So that instead of users needing sites to have plugins activated on, it can be activated on the main one and they can still use all their own settings. I'm sure the yes response to this was a misunderstanding. Most plugins so far don't seem equipped for profile activation because of instances like there can only be one output overall and not individual output. For example , activating a cms plugin on the main site won't allow all users to enter their own data and use as if it were on their own site.

Is there really something such as profile activation different from allowing certain users rights to utilize certain plugins? If this is possible I guess it has to allow authors for plugin settings and configs and then allow short codes for multiple pages with page author settings (as seen in wp-resume) .

For clarification, if users could have access to their own cms, calendar, booking, slideshow, and showing posts they authored on their own page, it would be another option to mu just for users.
(Sounds similar to the way BP plugins work I guess)

• Philip John

Hiya!

By "profile" activation do you mean per-site activation? It's important to distinguish between sites (with their dashboards) and users (who have profiles) to avoid confusion.

If per-site is what you mean then what you're looking for is entirely dependent on the way the developer decided to create the plugin.

For example, some plugins will only network activate, some only per-site and others will have options for what you want to happen in either case.

There's no standard way to do things (one of the downsides of WordPress IMO) and so you're never quite sure what you'll get.

Phil

• stacy

For example, some plugins will only network activate, some only per-site and others will have options for what you want to happen in either case.

Yeh know, so far I have to label many differently as "network activate", "individually network activate".

I do not mean per site. I mean users on my main site without their own sites, get to use plugins for themselves as if individually activated on their own site, via settings attributed to authors.

Guess sub sites are pages anyway, just messier to manage in the backend.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.