Profile Edit / Fill in BP xprofile fields after Register

After a user has registered is it possible to send them to a page where they can fill in the BP xprofile fields?

Ultimate FB can redirect after register - so any ideas how i can create a page or redirect to the edit profile page so the user can fill in their profile fields straight away,.

Unfortunately the profile fields can only be mapped using the the ultimate FB plugin

thanks

elliot

• aecnu

Greetings Elliot,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development but see potential downfalls for the non Buddy Press users and complication attempting to discern between the two.

It might take a bit longer than useful but I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice... in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you've come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute, but we're aiming to get you sorted ourselves.

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Vladislav

Hi,

There's a feature for redirecting users on login in plugin settings > Facebook Connect > Redirect on login. However, the PHP code you enter in that field won't work and the URL is currently unfilterable too. It might be a good idea to expose it for filtering, and also allow some macro replacement for basic values, such as $current_user->id, bp_displayed_user_username() etc.

In the meanwhile, what might work is redirecting users to admin dashboard and enabling dashboard widgets. One of dashboard widgets will allow your users to grant extended permissions to your Facebook App (if necessary), and the other one will allow them to fill up their BuddyPress profiles with Facebook data.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.