Profile Links Created For No Reason

Please go into the Profile of member FREDDIE and see the "About Me" section. It is filled with blue underlined links for words like "failure", "Which I don't", "Insensitivity", "Chocolate Milk", etc, etc.

The links are clickable and they all take you back to the Members page with FREDDIE selected.

Why are these links being created? How do we stop them?

Support Access has been granted.

Thank you.

• Milan

Hi @Mary,

I hope you are enjoying Wpmudev.

I've checked your site. It not the problem with Membership 2 pro. The links you are seeing in about me section of member are coming from buddypress user profile configuration.

Membership 2 pro has nothing to do with link stuff so I am moving this topic to general category. :slight_smile:

Now Here are the solutions you can apply to hide or remove completely about me section which displays on member profile page.

#1) If you want to keep that section and override words and links which are being displayed, you can navigate to particular user, edit that use in admin mode. and change the value of about me section which is just at the bottom of Extended Profile tab of user.

Here is how you can achieve this..

#1) Navigate to Users menu.
    #2) Search of user for whom you want to change words of about me section.
    #3) Edit that user.
    #4) Switch to Extended Profile tab.
    #5) At the bottom side you will see textarea saying About Me (optional).
    #6) You can change the words you want to set. Or you can set its visibility to only members. You can modify its visibility by pressing button saying you "Change". It will open different possible visibility options for that section.

I've attached screenshots which will help you to follow this process easily. :slight_smile:

If you don't want to keep that section at all. Here I mean if you want to remove that section input from all users Extended membership profile.

You can just do that by removing that custom field section from Users--> Profile Fields ---> About me (Optional) --> delete. I've also attached screenshot for this process to.. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you @Mary. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Warmest Regards,
    Milan Savaliya
    Support Staff ( WPMUDEV )

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.