Profile page, staff list, user photos, author linked to profile

Sorry for the massive group of stuff in the subject but everything seems to run together for what I am looking to do and so far, I haven't found the right combination of plug ins to get this done.

I am using WPMU current version - seymourherald.com

It is a newspaper site and what I am trying to accomplish is the following :
Have the authors name under the post be linked to a profile page. I thought that is what it normally did but it seems to go to a list of their posts.

The rest of what I am trying to do is actually have a profile page which would give there BIO, contact info, social links and of course a photo. The same photo that I would like to have shown with their posts.

The theme I am using does not support buddypress and if I don't have to go there I don't want to.

I thought the member directory plug in said it had extended profiles with avatars but I can't find any settings for that anywhere. So, I also installed the avatars plug in which is nice but that doesn't show up on the posts from what I see.

It does give me a list of all members but not the ability to group them together such as - Editor, Reporters, Contributors, etc.. That may be a custom page anyway and I understand that. Just need a way to compile that info then create the page.

My question really is this,
1. is there a plug in that would do all or part of what I want out there that I haven't found?
2.. Or will I need a combination of plug ins to make this all work out?

I am open to any and all suggestions and advice.
I appreciate your help. Thanks.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe

Hope you're well. Great project! I had a look at the link and you are making excellent progress on there. :slight_smile:

I did some research to try and find something that can do all those things for you and found this plugin that might work:

WordPress Users

Let me know if this works for you. And all the best with your site!

Have a good day.

Gina

• JOE KARL
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

That seems just like the member directory plug in. I get a list which might be a little more manageable due to it being based on the WP roles but I don't see anything different by way of a profile page or a place to put in a photo.

I may need to go read the info on that more but as is, no profile page seems to be created. When I click on profile it goes to the normal dashboard.

If a user goes in to their profile to change something they almost end up stuck there unless they realize they have to click on the small logo in the right corner of the admin bar.

I am using the redirect plugins so it goes to the homepage once logged in or logging out so that helps things a bit.

Things otherwise are moving along well for the site and I appreciate the nice words.

I see the authors image on other sites so there has to be something that makes that happen.

• JOE KARL
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I haven't found anything to get me the results that I am looking for. Of course with everything else I haven't looked into this much in the last week either. Would love to find something that gives me the authors photo for their posts and link to a profile page with their info on it. That's the main goal I am trying to accomplish.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Joe,

Buddy Press already does this on my production test site though I have been researching this without the need for Buddy Press and it has been a challenge to say the least.

The only thing I can find that might be workable without Buddy press being involved is the Profile Pic plugin which though dated, may very well still work.

Please let me know if it works for you or not, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe Karl

Hope you're well.

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so just checking in to see if you need any further assistance. If you managed to solve the problem, then I'm glad. If however, you still need support, please let me know.

I will also now resolve this thread, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a good day!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.