Project starting point advice

Hi
I am developing a site that is similar to oDesk or peopleperhour etc - I need some advice / suggestions on plugins and direction to go.

The things I want to achieve are - to have a membership type site that jobs can be posted on for free.

Also 'workers' can put their profiles on and reply to and posted job.

Also possibly the bit I don't know how to do yet, I would like each client to make payments to the workers but a % is taken as an admin fee?

Help much appreciated.
Regards
Mark

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mark,

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention.

I would have to say for membership to use the Membership plugin of course, but that is the easy one.

The only way I can think of to take a cut for the admin fee is using Market Press plugin with chained payments and a little creative presentation.

That is the only thing I can think of until the new Bookings plugin that is currently being developed is released to be able to see its capabilities.

Anyone else possibly have some pointers for Mark on this - then post em!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• markcronin007
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Aecnu

Cool, thanks for the advise - when is the new Bookings plugin due?

Also I am wnating to have users be able to message each other - but be able to manage which levels can communicate - direct message or not?

Would this be something I could do with Membership?

Regards
    Mark

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mark,

Thank you for the great questions.

Cool, thanks for the advise - when is the new Bookings plugin due?

At this point I have no idea and it has not yet hit support staff Beta so it is not imminent at this point, it will come, but when is anyone's guess because it has not even hit beta yet.

Also I am wnating to have users be able to message each other - but be able to manage which levels can communicate - direct message or not?

Perhaps the Communities plugin or the Messaging plugin

With that said, how much of this have you tried yourself and what are the issues you have encountered trying to institute them?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• markcronin007
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe

Sorry for the late reply - to answer your question.

I have tried nothing yet, I have been exploring the different options and planning the best way forward.

Thank you for the advice and support, I have concluded that my starting point will be as follows.

Buddypress with teh Membership plug-in to do all the profile and communication stuff.
    Then either a job board plug-in or the WPEC custom posts one.

The at that point will probably come back with a couple of 'how do I...

Thank you again for the support

Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.