Promoting autoblog posts from subblog to main blog

Hi all,

Thanks for the great customer service. Couple of quick questions about Autoblog. I have a multisite setup and would like to import excerpts of posts mutliple sites outside our network to a subblog (In our case called "Guest Dock"). We then want to curate those Guest Dock post excerpts and promote the best to the homepage of our main blog, where they join the stream of posts we produce. Can we set it up so that the excerpt opens on our site with a link to read the full text on the original site? Second question: is there a way to modify my homepage and Guest Dock themes to automatically include a hyperlinked "post courtesy of (original blog name)" with each of the excerpts?

Many thanks,

Marty

• PC

Hello Marty,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

Can we set it up so that the excerpt opens on our site with a link to read the full text on the original site?

Yes you can set it up this way. You can take a feed from the subsite and publish it on the main site as an excerpt and when its clicked on, it will take the visitor on the subsite.

This is how it should be setup.

Alternatively you can use our : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-global-posts-widget/ plugin as well if you want to show the latest network posts in a widget.

is there a way to modify my homepage and Guest Dock themes to automatically include a hyperlinked "post courtesy of (original blog name)" with each of the excerpts?

It does not pick the original blog name out of the box however it can simply show a link to the post site with a custom text. In the Screenshot, replace read more with any other text you want.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.