Proper "Drip" Setup or Inheriting Subscriptions and/or Level questions for 3.0

So after going through the new documentation (which is great btw) I just have some followup questions regarding the best way to setup levels/subscriptions the proper way.

My Scenario.

I have a site that has a few levels, Free, Evaluate, Customers (who can download and read documentation) on top of that I want to also add a level for Documentation only Customers but they will only be able to read documentation, they WILL NOT have the ability to download.

It seems to me that this is kind of a funky scenario. I'm not necessarily waiting for a certain period of time to turn on or off functionality. It's basically a specific level for members of a given team.

So I guess my main question is.

Should that "Docs Only Customer" be it's own subscription and level and not be associated with the "Customer" Subscription at all

Or should I make the "Docs Only Customer" a Level and put that as a starting point in the "Customer Subscription".

If multiple levels in 1 subscription

I would think that this would be a scenario for "drip" and I would start with the docs level and then have that lead into the full customer level

Hopefully my questions make sense.

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey @aware

You have asked a really clear question and asking me does that make sense? It sure does! You know, if everyone asked questions like you did, our job would be 10x easier. Thanks so much :slight_smile:

So basically Docs Only Customer and Customer and two levels right? And you want some customers to be able to directly sign-up and start downloading right?

I think you should create them as two subscription plans. My understanding is that Docs Only Customer level is a cheaper level as compared to Customers level (where they can download). So some customers would still want to be on the cheaper level and if they wish to download, they can choose the second subscription package, pay the fees and start downloading.

Drip level is particularly useful if you do not want anyone to start downloading the documentation on day one.

For example, suppose you are running a premium content / a training website. You do not want someone to sign-up and get access to all your content on day one, but give them access in steps, so that even if they wanted to, they cannot get it all at once.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if it doesn't :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.