Pros and cons of using your own child theme with Upfront

The question is about UpFront, not Scribe, but I couldn't find UpFront in the drop-down menu.

While the child themes offered are not bad, I would like to know what if I just use my own, simple, child theme. Something like:

/*
Theme Name: New Child Theme
Description: My description
Version: 0.1
Template: upfront
*/
@import url(../upfront/style.css);

I would especially be interested in what are the cons, what issues could I get into. Of course, I wouldn't mind finding some pros about this as well.

Also, hope that this would be considered an open question to all WPMU users, and not a support ticket.

Thank you all.

Best,
Mario

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Mario,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

The question is about UpFront, not Scribe, but I couldn't find UpFront in the drop-down menu.

We don't have Upfront as project to be selected, selecting any child theme like you did is ok :slight_smile:

Upfront is more complex system than regular WP themes so creating a simple child theme would not work here.

For now best way to start clean would be to remove all the content from existing pages and start over, however we have Upfront template builder under works that will allow you to create child themes from scratch.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.