prosite

We have been placed in a unique position of a stellar domain name and want to put it to work for us, We want to build on this name and then market it properly.

It is our goal to launch prayer.org, We want churches to come to the site and build out a profile and have their own website powered by prayer.org. Example, FilederChurch.Prayer.org and give them the ability to set up a cname (on their end) and just point to us. We also want to incorporate a social network feel and Im assuming we would need buddy press for this. We want to bundle plugins in the back like chat features and optin form popops and even plugins and so forth. My question is, Do we just need the pro sites plugins and or what other plugins are needed for setting this up? Thank You,
Mark

• jetmac

For mapping other domain names to your site, the WPMU Domain Mapping Plugin is very good.

For social, you're looking at Buddypress or the peepso plugin. I favor buddypress, but peepso has a lot of interesting features.

To have the ability to to create subdomains, you'll need to activate Multisite, and there are some great resources here on WPMU for how to do that. To learn about how to run one, I suggest taking the course here, it's very good.

Pro-Sites is a great plugin for charging people to have a site with your network. If you don't want to charge for sites, you won't need Pro-Sites.

There are multiple ways to bundle plugins, and there is a nice feature for that in Pro-Sites (it's what I use). There are several solid plugins to bundle here, but also many elsewhere -- GravityForms and MailPoet come to mind, SeedProd's Coming Soon Pro as well. On WPMU, Hustle is coming along nicely, and Slide-In and Pop-Up Pro are OK (but need updating IMO).

I recommend both Defender and Hummingbird if you are going to run a network. Also Anti-Splog, depending on how you have your registration set up. I use Gravity Forms for registration, as I feel it has better control and anti-spam/splog capability vs the standard WP registration function, but that may be just me.

Another very nice to have for a network is Ultimate Branding and Blog Templates, both here at WPMU.

To offer your prospective clients a nice choice of themes, I would look to StudioPress -- great selection, solid platform. You can buy their entire catalog for a significant discount.

Good luck.

• Nithin

Hi mark,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

jetmac has already answered most of your queries, to brief things up:

It is our goal to launch prayer.org, We want churches to come to the site and build out a profile and have their own website powered by prayer.org.

You can defiantly make use of Pro sites plugin, the plugin offers you to create a network of sites, with the option to offer premium services along the line. You can check more info about setting this up in the product usage guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#product-usage

Example, FilederChurch.Prayer.org and give them the ability to set up a cname (on their end) and just point to us.

You can make use of Domain Mapping plugin, for more instructions you can check the product usage guides:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#product-usage
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/domain-mapping-wordpress/

There isn't any integration available between BuddyPress, and Pro Sites, but both of these plugins should work fine with each other, and hence you can offer a social network feel with the help of BuddyPress.

As mentioned Defender, and Hummingbird will keep your website secured, and optimized, and would recommend you to make use of these plugins to it's fullest.

For opt-in plugin, Hustle does offer you a super smooth setup, and for chat features you could make use of Chat plugin.

Please let us know if you still have any further doubts regarding this. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.