Prosite - Affiliates - does prosite work directly from Signup page only?

Multisite - Marketpress - Pros Site - Affiliate..

Seems Affiliate can only work Globally for stores or individually... still waiting on that answer however'
If this is the case .
Can we set a level in Prosites that does not allow the level owner to have a site..
ie: be a user only..
In this way we can allocate affiliate rewards for store owners and users..from the Global site

Any plans on actually integrating for global stores??

• aristath

@be

Can we set a level in Prosites that does not allow the level owner to have a site..

Pro-Sites is a plugin that allows a level to be assigned to sites, NOT users.
    As such, it can't allow or disallow the creation of sites for specific users.
    Users will be able to create sites. However, you can simply limit the abilities of free sites as much as you want.

In this way we can allocate affiliate rewards for store owners and users..from the Global site

You should reward users on the affiliate plugin when someone pays on your site, not when someone registers....

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• be

Clarifies a little what it was setup for.
    As there is little documentation for folks to go on we have to "assume" until we figure it out..

POINT here..
    While I understand the allrounder issue..
    We are attempting to use as advertised for an "ETSY" marketplace..
    While the presales blurb indicates it does without the need for any additions.

We have spent literally hundreds of hours and many additions to attempt to make it a global network store..

It fails for this purpose in a number of areas.
    All of which we are trying to find workarounds with the "no additional plugins needed" more plugins..

BUSINESS CASE>.
    Multisite Global store - chained payments. Affiliates..
    Now we can only have global affiliates on the main store..(or on each individual store - so not global store wise at all - we need both but that's another story)We want to reward BOTH users and store owners..

To do this we need to have BOTH users and store owners in the Pro Sites system..

USERS have no need and it will only totally confuse the issue of having a site..
    They have backend access for Q&A and Affiliate tracking purposes..

Our USERS - have to register and do get charged a FEE..
    And this is what we need to track for affiliates..

• aristath

The problem here is simply the logic that will be followed.
    Primarily WHO will pay WHAT.

This is what happens now:
    Affiliates with Pro-Sites:
    If a member refers someone and that someone gets a pro-site, then the person that referred the user will get a reward that is specified by the network admin, since they are the one getting paid.

Affiliates with Membership:
    If a member refers someone and that someone makes a purchase, then the person that referred the user will get a reward that is specified by the individual store owner, since they are the ones getting paid.

So for MarketPress, since each store owner individually will give to affiliates their percentage, the choice and decision is up to them.

You could "force" a percentage by hard-coding that option to your network, but logic-wise it is not advised.

I hope that makes sense...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• be

- Because the "etsy style" option that is advertised is not possible as described we have no alternative but to find a workaround..

As we cannot have both or a combination of we are stuck with choosing ONE only option.
    That option is for the Global network site to deal with affiliate incentives..
    As such a workaround we can deal with until the system is updated to provide such..

IF - STORE OWNERS were chosen levels in PROSITE and OWN a site..
    we could workaround
    IF - store USERS were also able to have a LEVEL in prosites..but NO store access (it is entirely pointless and confusing in this situation)

then the GLOBAL site could deal with both types of rewards..with the one tracking system

WE have spent many many hours trying to find suitable workarounds for the purported "etsy style" work out of the box with no added plugin - marketpress.

And need to move to go live..

Can this be done using pro sites ? Site owners and Site users..

• aristath

- Because the "etsy style" option that is advertised is not possible as described we have no alternative but to find a workaround..

What is advirtised is an etsy-style e-commerce solution, not an etsy clone.
    We do deliver on what is advertised, but to be honest I have never seen a request for an etsy-style affiliate program.
    I have marked this as a feature request and also notified the plugin developer about it so that we may have his opinion and insights as well.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Paul

@be,

And still waiting with a site that should have been live days ago..Come on folks... yes or no answer so we stay or have to rebuild with something that can perform as described.

Not meaning to be blunt here but maybe you are not asking your questions clearly enough. Or worse your keep using the wrong terminology.

IF - STORE OWNERS were chosen levels in PROSITE and OWN a site..
    we could workaround
    IF - store USERS were also able to have a LEVEL in prosites..but NO store access (it is entirely pointless and confusing in this situation)

Again as stated here and in other threads Prosites deals at the site level not the user level . There is no Prousers plugins. Well then again that is maybe Membership.

As stated in other thread you have opened related to this same combination, the Affiliate plugin works at either the global (network) level or at the individual site level. But as it related to Prosite signups it can ONLY work at the global level. At the moment the Affiliate plugin does not allow for an individual to run their own independent affiliate program. As I mentioned in your other thread this is being looking into. Does not mean it will be this week or even this year.

Again, I'm still confused on what you are attempting. I'm not sure if in your configuration a store is the same things as a site.

If I've still not answered your question please advise.

• be

I am afraid I cannot make myself clear..

As advised I must advise which plugins are being used together.
    Network activated was not a question my end it is an answer to your repeat statement.

If the above does not explain that we need to be able to track payment of users of a site (simply for purchase to be a member of the site)So we do not need membership plugin..

Yes every user of a site/store PAYS to be a user..(they do not need nor want access to site creation)
    ie: they can become a user only on the same signup.php page.

And doing this via the PRO site panel would be the preferred option.
    I am unsure how many ways I can put it forward.

• be

Apologies. I can tell you are getting frustrated. I'm trying still to figure out which question I've been asked to answer on this thread.

None..
    The question relates to PRO SITES...
    Yes I can see it is with the Affiliates plugin.. (my bad )
    but in my defence... being asked to open new threads and the forum repeatedly ditching the new threads with notice this topic is closed and stripping out headers replacing them with the first sentence etc etc makes for very time consuming entries.. - and no this is not a question relating to you.)

BTW - for our purpose we could also deal with affiliate issues if prosites could do this ie: deal with usersonly who pay to use the sites.

• aristath

@be If I understood correctly what you want to do, it is to create an etsy-style affiliates program, correct?
    Anonymous or simple users that don't have a site can't be tracked by the pro-sites plugin, because pro-sites is for users that actually have a site.
    So tracking affiliates in your case has to be done in MarketPress. But with a twist...
    Instead of individual store owners setting it up, you want to set-it up network-wide, and the affiliates percentage will be deducted from your share, not store owners.

Right?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• be

Correct -
    To explain hopefully...in our case..

Marketpress - each site is a store..
    Affiliates - to be rewarded for bringing both store owners and users..
    Pro sites.. (which this question started as - yes I know pro/affiliates... see above the reposting forum issue)
    Can handle what we want for paid site owners.. ie recurring payment and upgrades etc..

As PRO sites uses the signup page.. can it be EXTENDED to also Capture and control "usersonly"
    in our case we CHARGE users a FEE to use the site..(those users all have backend access to the main site dashboard with restricted access to community)
    Hence we could then use the same process Prosites and handle all users and payments with prosites..

If this were possible we could also deal with the Global affiliate issue in so far as having a central reward point for all users both store owners and buyers..
    ie we could cover those costs by global percentage and pass the rewards on to affiliates..

So tracking affiliates in your case has to be done in MarketPress. But with a twist...
    Instead of individual store owners setting it up, you want to set-it up network-wide, and the affiliates percentage will be deducted from your share, not store owners.

No because the global store has no products of its own so marketpress cannot be the trigger. (this is what we had hoped to do..)
    but we could live with the other above..So reward for new buyers coming on board - we would have no way of tracking sales but it would do as its better than the no option at present.

• aristath

I'm afraid that no.. there's no way that the Pro-Sites plugin can track the information you want.
    You'll probably have to custom-code a solution specific to your use case for the Affiliates plugin.

My best advise here would be to post a new job in our Jobs Board on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ so that a skilled developer can create a custom integration for you.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• be

thanks but no we wont...
    That was a reason to come here and pay to use the "works out of the box solutions"

If Prosites is unable to source "useronly" info and payment then we will have to find another solution..
    back to the drawing board again.

Affiliate issue is a different one again and one that has been repeatedly asked about on the forum for a long time but Paul is now aware of it..
    Thanks

• Paul

@be,

Affiliate issue is a different one again and one that has been repeatedly asked about on the forum for a long time but Paul is now aware of it..

to be honest I'm lost at what you are attempting between MarketPress and Affiliate.

The current integration between MarketPress and Affiliate is that of tracking 'paid' orders. So just some notes on what is currently possible.

If Affiliate is Network activated and MarketPress can be either Network activated or activated on the individual store/site/blog.

When an order is created and 'paid' within MarketPress on any store/site/blog there is a trigger to Affiliate to record the set percentage you have defined within the store settings to paid the affiliate. This amount will show on the Network Affiliate reports.

As stated on other threads at the moment there is no multi-level option with Affiliate. Meaning local store/site/blog purchases are sent to a local affiliate repository then after some period a different percentage is paid up the line to the global store from the individual store/site/blog owner.

As for the discussion on Prosites capturing users. To be clear Prosites does not do that now. When Prosites is enables the user registration is really part of core WordPress. But Prosites adds a hook when it asked the new signup if they also want to signup for a Prosites level. This is a yes/no question. This does not prevent the user from creating a new user and site.

Again, it really sounds like you want to manage users and for this the suggestion is Membership. With Membership you can define levels for users. For example Store owners vs buyers vs guest. You setup different labels of access depending on the membership access level. The user signup is different than the default WP signup form.

• be

Oh boy...

Thought we had finally gotten somewhere with global shopping network..

Again, it really sounds like you want to manage users and for this the suggestion is Membership.

No we don't want to manage by membership.

Yes we and lots of other folks who went for the "etsy" global shopping network
    Are looking for a way to encorporate the global shopping centre and handle global affiliates..

Yes we can do the per sites. Prosites. This works as we want..

No marketpress affiliate add on does not work as we want in a global shopping "etsy" style network.

As stated on other threads at the moment there is no multi-level option with Affiliate. Meaning local store/site/blog purchases are sent to a local affiliate repository then after some period a different percentage is paid up the line to the global store from the individual store/site/blog owner.

Yes at the moment - and folks have been asking repeatedly so we live in hope that it will in the near future...

But Prosites adds a hook when it asked the new signup if they also want to signup for a Prosites level. This is a yes/no question. This does not prevent the user from creating a new user and site.

Thanks - this was way back the original question about the Pro site process in so far as could the "hook": be extended to also use the core wp function and "hook" the user only...
    Which to my mind was a pretty yes no maybe answer....

Anyways.. if there will be no global on the horizon, we will like all the other folks find many manual ways round or move on..
    Thanks again for your time.