ProSite free trail level

Hi,

I have a quick question regards the free trial level option on ProSites, we don't have a free level all our levels are paid. It was my understanding that the user will just get a free trial of the level they select at the checkout. So what is the need for this option, does it mean if they pick the top level but this option is set to the lowest they will get given a trial of the lowest level even though they picked the top?

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello,
    Hope you are well.

Below, I have explained how the free trial level works. It is not currently possible to have more than one trial level.

Example 1:
    A: Customer signs up for level 1.
    B: The customer takes the trial option which in this example is level 2.
    C: After the trial, the customer is given level 1 because that is what they signed up for.

Example 2:
    A: Customer signs up for the top premium level which is level 3.
    B: Customer wants the trial, they are given level 2 because you cannot have multiple trial levels.
    C: After the trial is complete, they are given level 3 because that is what they signed up for.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Alex :smiley:

• Lakewood
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Alex,

Thanks for explaining that for me, so how does the user choose a trial? On our setup they just register a site after picking a level and then are giving payment options. It was my assumption that they just didn't get charged until the trail was over.

Also if the trial is level 4 and the user picks level 2, if level 4 has a larger page quota what happens when the trial ends and the user has exceed the page quota allowed in their chosen plan?

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello,
    Hope you are well.

If the user picks the trial plan, they should not be charged until it is over.

If the user is allowed more page views on the trial level, it is treated as 2 separate levels, the trial level and the plan the user signed up with. He will be allowed the extra page views until the level the user signed up with takes effect after the trial ends.

Cheers,
    Alex :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.