Prosite levels at the network level are not translating to subsites

I have quotas setup for pages/posts as well as storage. I have 4 different levels (1: Basic, 2: Pro Demo, 3: Pro, and 4:Excelsior).

Everything seems to have been fine up until this most recent Pro Sites update. But, now my clients that are listed in the 3:stuck_out_tongue:ro" level status are being restricted to those settings of the page/posts quotas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey NWTD,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I took a look at the screenshots attached. I can see that there's a file upload quota for level "3-Pro" set to 4GB and it seems that the Pro Sites plugin is following this setting which is good I presume. However, I'm not sure about publishing quotas. On your screenshot I can see settings for "Basic" level but what are the settings for other levels?

I realize that the answer to this question may sound obvious to you but I'm a bit confused here. Could you please let me know what these settings are and what they should be for other levels?

It would be also great if you could grant me a support access to your site so I could take a closer look at your setup. To do this, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers,
    Adam

• NWTD

Thanks Adam for the quick response. And support access has been granted, although I may need to get your IP so that I can whitelist it on our firewall. If you prefer, you can email it to me: chip@nwtd.co

I realize that the answer to this question may sound obvious to you but I'm a bit confused here. Could you please let me know what these settings are and what they should be for other levels?

There doesn't seem to be a way to set different quotas for different levels, unless I'm missing something. The first drop down on the quota page is for the lowest level to not be affected by quotas.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey NWTD,

I'm sorry for the delay here. I think in this case it would be better to take a different approach as
    - the support access is valid only for a short time
    - there's this firewall issue
    - I may need to dig a bit deeper :slight_smile:

That said, could you instead please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- your site's WordPress admin login URL
    - admin login and password (may be a temporary account)
    - FTP credentials (hostname, username, password, port number if needed)
    - phpMyAdmin access URL (or cPanel access credentials)
    - any other relevant URLs and information
    - link back to this thread

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.
    Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Thanks!
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @NWTD!

I received your message, thank you!

I took a look at your sites settings. The issue here is that checking off "is visible" option for a level does not "switch off" the level in terms of "site management". As some sites are still at "Pro" level all the settings previously set for this level are still being applied to them.

Disabling "is visible" option only prevents the level from being displayed on the site, therefore users cannot signup for it/upgrade to it. This is particularly useful in case you wish to keep some "special"/"promo" level that sites would be promoted to manually.

I can see on your setup that there's an uplodad quota for "Pro" level set to 4 GB and this will be applied to sites.

On "Pro Sites" -> "Settings" -> "Post/Page Quotas" limits for "Pro" level are set as well (just change the level to "Pro" using the drop-down list).

The solution here is:

- Upload quotas:
    On "Pro Sites" -> "Settings" -> "Upload quotas" you may change upload limit amount for "Pro" level

- Post/Page quotas

Either change publishing limits for "Pro" level on "Pro Sites" -> "Settings" -> "Post/Page quotas" page or if you wish to disable limits for this level entirely, check off "Limit posts" and/or "Limit pages" option for "Pro" level on "Pro Sites" -> "Settings" -> "Limit publishing" page.

Another solution would be just to manually promote/extend the sites in question to another level. Please note that removing a level will not remove any limits already applied.

If you have any further questions on this, let me know please!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.