Prosite not working and no widgets displaying

Hi there, I'm trying to use your Pro Sites plugin, but it's not working, I don't know where the short codes are to add the relevant info to my site, and on the front page I've used the widget which shows error, at the same time the CSS is a mess, if I look at the UPFRONT theme page: http://southzone.co.za/pro-site/?action=new_blog or with any other theme??

I really want to get this to work but it seems almost impossible now?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Warren Manuel,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Could you please elaborate your question a bit more because Pro Sites doesn't use shortcodes or widgets so I'm not sure what are you referring to?

The default page is /pro-site/ which you can change from Pro Sites > Settings after you have deleted original page.

There are some basic stylings for tables that are available under Pro Sites > Pricing Tables > Styling panel but they will also depends on the theme you're using.

I had a look at your pro site page and I'm not seeing any "mess" there, could you tell us a bit more about the look you want to accomplish?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Warren Manuel

Hi Predrag,

Ok I decided to build this on a different platform

So a few questions (I don't seem to find any tutorials)

1. Are there any short codes for a create a blog option where I can display it on the front end to get someone interested to signup quickly?
    2. Why can I not showcase the pricing table on other pages besides the one it creates? (no short codes)
    3. What is the process flow, e.g. user signs up, then has access to add a blog?
    4. I see one widget available, I have no idea what it does and it doesn't load, when adding it to the site or any site?

The documentation on this offer is very poor?

NEW URL - http://travelblogger.co/pro-travel-site/

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Warren!

1. Are there any short codes for a create a blog option where I can display it on the front end to get someone interested to signup quickly?

Pro Sites doesn't include shortcodes. The only "front-end" part is a checkout page that by default is automatically created under the /pro-site slug. You may change that on "Pro-Sites -> Settings" page by using "rebrand" option but that's still the separate page. A common practice - followed by many users of Pro Sites - however is to create a basic "pricing table"/"feature summary" with some 3rd party plugin and just link it to the Pro Site checkout page ("/pro-site" by default).

2. Why can I not showcase the pricing table on other pages besides the one it creates? (no short codes)

That's how the plugin was initially designed (see my reply above). Adding shortcodes for signup/pricing tables has already been suggested on our forums but I'm not able to give you any ETA on implementation. Hopefully that'll be developed in future.

3. What is the process flow, e.g. user signs up, then has access to add a blog?

That depends on the way you configure it but the most commonly used flow is as follows:

- user comes to /pro-site page
    - selects level ("package")
    - signs up for a user account and a site "in one go"
    - makes payment

That requires following options to be set:

- on "Network Admin -> Settings" page the "Both sites and user accounts can be registered" enabled
    - on "Network Admin -> Pro Sites -> Settings -> General Settings" page "Signup on Checkout" is enabled

- payment gateway is configured.

4. I see one widget available, I have no idea what it does and it doesn't load, when adding it to the site or any site?

There's a single widget only that can be enabled on "Pro Sites -> Modules" page and added to sub-sites by their admins by their admins. The only feature of it is to display the "Pro Site" status of the page to end users, kind of a badge. It won't show anything if a given site (sub-site) is not Pro Site but a regular site while on a site that has a Pro Site level assigned it will show that.

The documentation on this offer is very poor?

You'll find a usage guide on Pro Sites covering most of the necessary settings here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#product-usage

If you have any additional questions or come across any doubts/issues regarding the plugin, don't hesitate to ask please and we'll be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Warren Manuel

Hi there,

I've granted access to my site, travelblogger.co

So this is currently what's happening.

When a client goes to https://travelblogger.co/wp-signup.php and completes the signup process (please do one to see what happens) the site is in test phase.

The process completes and the following mail is sent to the client:

To activate your blog, please click the following link:
    http://capetown.travelblogger.co/wp-activate.php?key=ac511c30cb1bf079
    After you activate, you will receive *another email* with your login.
    After you activate, you can visit your site here:
    http://capetown.travelblogger.co/

That activation key fails to load UNLESS I copy the key and activate it myself in the system as a super admin.

I think it has to do with the SSL certificate and the Pro system not working with it.

Once the activation is done manually the client receives there log in details but once again they not able to access the site at all.

Not Found
    The requested URL /wp-activate.php was not found on this server.
    Apache Server at default.flk1.host-h.net Port 443
    https://capetown.travelblogger.co/wp-activate.php?key=ac511c30cb1bf079

Please test this, it's the only way to understand what I'm saying :slight_frown:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Warren!

Thank you for granting access.

I checked the site and there I think there are two aspects that need to be sorted out.

Let me start then with a question: do you want users to need to create an account first and login to it to be able to signup for the site or should they be able to visit your site and create their own "right away" (user account would be created anyway)?

Currently, creation of an account is required, furthermore, users can have only a single site on your network. If you wish to allow multiple sites you would want to enable the "Allow multiple blogs" option on "Pro Sites -> Settings -> General settings" page.

More importantly though, if they should be able to easily setup sites without all the "create an account and login" procedure, you would want to enable the "Signup on Checkout" option on "Pro Sites -> Settings -> General settings" page.

That would make "signup flow" much easier and less confusing.

The second aspect is activation. I checked the site and I see that the "Manual payment" gateway is used. That works a bit different than then PayPal or Stripe gateway. With PayPal or Stripe, user is given payment form during signup and after payment is made the site is automatically activated.

In case of Manual Payment there's no way to "automatically check" if payment came through or if it was made at all. Therefore the process is as follows:

after user goes through site creation procedure and click as payment button an activation e-mail is sent to a super-admin of the site.

This is the e-mail with activation key that you described in your recent post. That mail does not go to user so when testing please make sure that you are using a different e-mail address for signup than is used for your WordPress installation and that there's no e-mail filters/forwards that would forward that e-mail to wrong account. When you click on that activation link being logged in to the site as a super-admin (but not as any other user, or a user that has just signed up for the site), it should work and activate the site.

Could you please double-test that then making sure about accounts that you are logged in and e-mail addresses that you are using? Let me know please so we could confirm whether there's some issue to be further investigated.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there Warren Manuel,

hope you're doing good and please excuse our late reply here, it's been quite busy lately and we try to keep up with every thread in our forums. On the other hand, please don't bump your thread and spare some more time for us as we respond to our support forums threads starting from older to newer, based on the time of the last reply.
    Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

Now back to your issue, this site address change seems rather weird and shouldn't be happening with or without Pro Sites. Have you tried to deactivate Pro Sites completely and register a new site with a new user? Does this happen again? Please advise!

Could you please double check that you use the correct multisite configuration in wp-config.php and .htaccess files as described here?
    https://travelblogger.co/wp-admin/network/setup.php

Also, inspect the wp-config.php file for any constant like WP_SITEURL and/or WP_HOME and either remove them or set them properly.

If this still troubles you, you may want to use a plugin like Better Search Replace to check for any instances of "gantry5" in your database. It also provides a "dry run" so you can run a search/replace procedure without making any actual changes but getting the results that should have been made.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the additional info, I did some tests with Gantry 5 and I was able to replicate the issue on my installation.

It looks like there's something in Gantry 5 overriding the Pro Sites functions and takes over the domain.
    I will flag this thread to our developers to see if there's anything we can do from our end in order to avoid this, however I would also suggest getting in touch with Gantry 5 developers to see if this could be resolved from their end or if they can at least point us to the code in their plugin that's causing it and this could speed things up.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Warren Manuel

Hi Predrag,

I just got this response from them?

It looks like rokfeaturestable is being called as http when rest of site is https and so the browser does not let that script run. This may be having a knock on effect and be causing the incorrect BLOG_URL to be created and sent to user.

I am not familiar with the extensions you are using so I am not sure how it all links together.

If you can check how that code is being called we might be able to crack this.

Also I believe it has something to do with the attached registration doc of the plugin and the way it's pulling that info?

Attachment failed. File link: pro-sites\pro-sites-files\lib\ProSites\Helper\registration.php

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Warren Manuel!

I think your recent finding may be the key to the case. I scanned the Gantry code and can confirm the same and I'm thinking that there may be some action/filter hook that's interfering with Pro Sites and overriding data. That'd make an extremely rare case but sounds like highly possible.

I have forwarded that to the developers already and hopefully they'll be able to identify that glitch and patch it.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Panos

Hi Warren Manuel ,

Apologies for delay!

Thanks for the feedback it was very helpful :slight_smile:

Of what it seems that line updates the global variable $domain to gantry5. Since this is for text domain, I think it would be safe to modify that variable's name in the Gantry5 plugin to something more specific, but that's up to the plugin's dev.

The Pro Sites plugin uses the WordPress core function "wpmu_validate_user_signup()", which in turn uses the global $domain var which has already been modified by Gantry5.

You can try adding following snipped in a mu-plugin (since it's a multisite, it's better to use mu-plugin intead of theme's functions.php):

add_action( 'prosite_register_blog_pre_validation', function(){

global $domain;
    	$blog_details = get_blog_details();
    	if( is_object( $blog_details ) && isset( $blog_details->domain ) ){
    		$domain = $blog_details->domain;
    	}

}, 10 );

Please let us know if this solves this issue for you.

In case you have previous blogs created with the wrong domain you can update that manually in the database.

The quickest way in phpMyAdmin would be to use the search tool. In your phpMyAdmin, visit the database of your site but don't click on any table. In the main menu you should see the Search item. Click on it and in the search field type "gantry5" like in the following screenshot:

After clicking go you should see where this word is found and replace with proper domain.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Before performing the replace please make sure you have kept a whole database backup.

Thanks!

• Panos

Hey Warren Manuel,

Sorry for confusion :slight_smile:

I don't find it a good idea to modify the Gantry plugin as when it gets an update, you will need to repeat this modification. I just mentioned it so you could contact Gantry5 devs since it is interfering with the global $domain var in Wordpress' core function wpmu_validate_user_signup()

The code snippet provided should take care of new blogs created, so after you add this snippet, the new blogs should not have this issue. Just repeating here that you should better add this code snippet in a mu-plugin. Please read here how to create a mu-plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

This, however won't be fixing this for blogs you have already created. All blogs you have created before adding the snippet will still have the gantry5 as their domain. In case you need to fix them, you can follow the instructions regarding the database search mentioned in previous post. If they were only for tests you can ignore this instruction and simply delete them. In case you do want to replace it is important to keep a backup first!!

For starters you can add the snippet in a mu-plugin and create a new blog and see if it has the proper domain.

Please let me know if there is something unclear :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Warren Manuel

Hi Panos,

Thanks so much for coming back to me, I think we're almost there.

So what I've done, I've created the MU folder as per the docs and downloaded the plugin and unzipped that into the MU folder, where exactly should I add the code please? I'm not sure on that...

I've definitely informed the Gantry guys they looking at a fix for this issue and any future issues with the Gantry system because that adjustment has broken my Gantry backend slightly.
    Thank you.

• Panos

Hi Warren Manuel ,

You don't need to download the plugin zip. What you need to do is create the mu-plugins folder in your wp-content folder. There, in the mu-plugins folder, create a php file with any name, eg:
    fixes.php
    pro-sites-gantry-fix.php
    etc

Open that file and insert:

<?php
    add_action( 'prosite_register_blog_pre_validation', function(){

global $domain;
    	$blog_details = get_blog_details();
    	if( is_object( $blog_details ) && isset( $blog_details->domain ) ){
    		$domain = $blog_details->domain;
    	}

}, 10 );
    ?>

It's the same code provided in previous post with the difference I added opening and closing php tags as php code should be wrapped in php tags.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.