ProSite on Multisite sub-folder install

My Prosites Plugin was installed on my website with a Multisite sub-folder install. Everything seems to work fine except that on each New Site sign-up I get a sub-folder with the name of the New Site in my hosting account root folder with the following folders/files:

HostingRootFolder/NewSiteName/wp-content/wp-resources-back/1.4

1. Can you confirm if this is an expected Prosite outcome with a multisite sub-folder install?

2. Can these folders/files be moved or deleted without the site breaking or any other issue?

GM

• aecnu

Greetings GM,

Thank you for the great questions and indeed those created folders are just virtual and nothing is really in them - full of emptiness and WordPress indeed resolves the domains to their dynamic content.

HostingRootFolder/NewSiteName/wp-content/wp-resources-back/1.4

This is not coming form Pro Sites, it appears to be some kind of backup url.

Can these folders/files be moved or deleted without the site breaking or any other issue?

No

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• cimc

Not sure if your response meant that they should not be moved but FYI I just tried deleting the folder for one of the sites and it didn't seem to affect the functionality of the site so i guess the sub-folders are as you say - not related to ProSites functionality. Not sure how they are getting there though.

Is ProSites specifically made for/or function better under a Multisite Sub-Domain setup? Thanks again for the quick response.

GM

• aecnu

Greetings GM,

Thank you for the additional input and question.

so i guess the sub-folders are as you say - not related to ProSites functionality

Yes this appears to be coming form some kind of backup routine - oir at least that is what it appears to be to me.

Is ProSites specifically made for/or function better under a Multisite Sub-Domain setup?

That I do not know how to answer being that in either case the sites/URL's are virtual and WordPress itself resolves the domains/sites.

I personally have only created sub domain installs in the past preferring the keyword rich sub domain over keyword rich sub folder type installations.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.