Prosite Registration Page shows login

We were modifying some settings on prosites when suddenly the page is no longer showing the pricing table / sign up options but a login page instead.

We've reinstalled the plugin to no luck.

Thanks for your help.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Jamie,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I tried access your site to check your plugin settings but I keep getting 403 forbidden error.

Do you have any security plugins or .htaccess rules that could be causing this?

If you do can you please remove them temporarily so I can have a closer look at this?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jamie
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

uploaded screenshot as requested by @Bojan Radonic in chat.

So Bojan fixed the first issue, but now when a user tries to register (just for a user, not to have a blog) on /wp-login.php?action=register they get redirected to /pro-site/?action=new_blog

• Jamie
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

OK, have tried that. I am now getting the same form with option to create a site or sign up for a username at both network top level site (trainerous.com) and other sites (testsite.trainerous.com). The other thing I have noticed is that the testsite.trainerous.com registration redirects to the trainerous.com resgistration page.

What we wanted Pro-sites to do for us is the following;

We host a main site called Trainerous.com, this site allows fitness trainers to sign up for their own site. So;
    1. trainers should be able to browse to the trainerous.com site and sign up to get their own site through the check out (eg.tom.trainerous.com). They also should be able to register just a username to join the trainerous.com site's community.

2. the trainer's customers should then be able to browse to the trainers site (eg. tom.trainerous.com) and register only for a username so as to join their site.

I feel like I need to talk to someone on the phone and maybe this will be much quicker to explain. Is their anyone I can call?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately we don't offer phone support but I will do my best to get this sorted out here.

We host a main site called Trainerous.com, this site allows fitness trainers to sign up for their own site. So;
    1. trainers should be able to browse to the trainerous.com site and sign up to get their own site through the check out (eg.tom.trainerous.com). They also should be able to register just a username to join the trainerous.com site's community.

Pro Sites can only work on your main domain and creating new sub-site can't be done from existing sub-site, it must be done from main site, this is how WP network functions.

2. the trainer's customers should then be able to browse to the trainers site (eg. tom.trainerous.com) and register only for a username so as to join their site.

This is also default WP network behaviour since all the users are registered in one database, workaround for this would be to install plugin like Membership 2 or some similar plugins that use custom registration form.
    If you go with Membership 2 you can create one Standard membership and users will now be able to register directly on that subsite without the option to create their own site.

Hope this clears things up and helps you to accomplish your goal.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.