Prosite sending payment confirmation when no payment was made

Hello,

Pro site is sending payment confirmation when no payment is made. i tested it locally and live, am still getting the same thing. when user select a plan,and reach on paypal to pay if the user just click on cancel then it return a confirmation email that says " thank you for becoming a pro site member" and it automatically updated the site level even though no payment was made. please check it out ASAP.

Thanks.

Support is granted, test it using the ecom.thesitename.com blog.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Thomas Whittaker

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I tested on my sandbox site with PayPal sandbox, to make sure its not an hidden bug but I could not reproduce it. It did not let me go through to my new site account without payment.

Is it not working for new users or for existing users ? Can you please provide us more details to reproduce this issue on our own sites ?

Did you customized Pro Sites plugin's core files ? If yes then take a backup of it and then install new version again. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Tom Whittaker
    • The Crimson Coder

I remove the prosite level from siteID=3, then went tot he frontend and select the site to upgrade it, when i reach to paypal i just click on the cancel link so it redirect me back to my site and few second later i received a payment confirmation email and the site just upgrade by itself without making a valid payment. that was when i was when i change fixed the paypal button in the current version.

So as you suggested i re-upload the exact version in wpmudev directory and when through the same process, 1. i remove prosite level from site ID 3. then i went to the frontend select the site to upgrade, i get redirected by paypal login using a sandbox account, confirm my payment, the payment went through but the site didn't upgrade and this is known issue with the latest prosite version, that is why i was using a modified version.

• Tom Whittaker
    • The Crimson Coder

one question, if a user is on a free trial and the free trial is still activate, is it that the user can't upgrade during their free trial. because im doing a local test, i see that when a site is in free trial amd unable to upgrade their site level even after making a payment im still getting the previous site level. eg:basic is assigned for free trial, during that free trial i try to upgrade to advanced, and the payment was success but am still on a basic plan level.

• Tom Whittaker
    • The Crimson Coder

I've manage to do a few changes from the gateways folder, copy prosites Version 3.5.1.2 gateways folder into the current version. and its kind of working now, but when a site is on a free trial , the site is not able to upgrade the plan even after making a success payment through paypal. but when a site prosite level is no longer on free trial , then it works. however am not receiving the payment receipt .

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Thomas Whittaker

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

For no payments after free trial, do you have a ticket for this where we can follow that thread and can reproduce it on our own install ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.