Prosite setup and general questions

Hi,

I can't find many resources about setting up and using ProSites. Just:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/pro-sites-premium-upgrades/
Are there others?

Questions
- Can I set up a free trial period (Stripe or PayPal) without taking their credit card first?

- If a client upgrades or downgrades, will the payment change (Stripe or PayPal) or do I have to do his manually.

- I don't like the signup page built into ProSites. Can I just use one built with Beaver Builder, and have it link to the signup page for each plan? My current page looks like this:
http://folios.collector.ac/pricing/

I'm currently using Gravity Forms user registration plus New Blog Templates for my system. I like it, but it has some limitations.

Thanks, Tom

• Tyler Postle

Hey Tom,

Hope you've had a great weekend so far.

We're in the middle of developing a manuals section of our site and the plan was to have additional Pro Sites 3.5+ docs ready for that; however, it's taking a little longer than planned, sorry about this. In the meantime please ask us any concerns/question you may have.

- Can I set up a free trial period (Stripe or PayPal) without taking their credit card first?

Yes, in this case you would abandon the Pro Sites custom checkout altogether on sign up. You can turn that off from your settings via: Pro Sites > Settings > Uncheck "Signup on Checkout".

Then you will want to setup the amount of trial days you want to give and which level the trial period will be for. These settings are a little ways below the signup on checkout one mentioned above.

At this time, you can only set one trial level so anyone who signs up will get that level on trial.

You can also optionally turn on the "Pay to blog" module if you want to completely lock down there site and force them to pay once the trial is up. You will find this via: Pro Sites > Modules.

- If a client upgrades or downgrades, will the payment change (Stripe or PayPal) or do I have to do his manually.

It will handle changing the subscription with the gateway, so you won't need to manually do anything there :slight_smile:

- I don't like the signup page built into ProSites. Can I just use one built with Beaver Builder, and have it link to the signup page for each plan? My current page looks like this:
    http://folios.collector.ac/pricing/

If you turn off the "Signup on Checkout" option as mentioned above then the initial sign up doesn't use Pro Sites custom checkout at all, so you can use your pricing table and link to your Multisite sign up page, by default this is wp-signup.php but you can use any form that supports multisite blog sign ups. All new sites will get the trial you defined in the Pro Sites settings.

Any plan changes upgrades/downgrades after that initial sign up will need to be done through the Pro Sites checkout as it's designed specifically for those operations - adding that ability to any other forms would require a lot of custom development.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions just let us know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.