ProSite (site.com/pro-site/) won't load unless I use a default WordPress theme

Hello,

I can't get https://mychurchbulletinapp.com/pro-site/ to load. If I change the theme to Twenty Fifteen, it works as expected.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks.

• Milan

Greetings @Paul,

Welcome to WPMU DEV.

I trust you are having a good day and thanks for the posting. :slight_smile:

Everything is working fine on your site. I was able to load page you've mentioned without any issue. Page loaded with theme you are currently using. Furthermore I also wrote some dummy content in the page content editor. It is also showing fine without any issue.

So it looks like issue with your browser. Would you please try to clear cookies and caches of browsers your are using to load page. Also please try to use different browser. Please do this quick troubleshooting and let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Have a great day ahead @Paul. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Milan.

• Paul

Thanks for your attempt, but it seems you misunderstand my question.

The /pro-site/ page is supposed to be automatically generated by the plugin. You're not supposed to have your own content in the page.

If you look in the page source you can see the plugin is generating the right code, but it's not being displayed. This is what it's supposed to be generated (I've attached a screenshot with the Twenty Fifteen Theme activated.

• Milan

Hello @Paul,

I trust you are having a good day and sorry for misunderstanding your question.

If page is loading fine with default wordpress twenty-fifteen theme, then there may be issue like theme conflict,

As you are using Semplice theme, I can't test on my side because it is paid theme and I don't have licence of it.

Would you be able to send in your FTP and wp-admin credentials so we could take a look?

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then we can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

Kind Regards,
    Milan.

• Milan

Hello @Paul,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here. :slight_smile:

First of all, thanks for sending me requested information. I can confirm it's the issue with theme you are using which is "Semplice". I did testing with all possible criteria on my sandbox site ( "Semplice" theme was activated during all testing time. )

So conclusion is that to solve this issue you need to contact theme developer. Because theme is their proprietary product, and only they can give you good solution with this as they are very well aware about their product. Please contact theme developer and inform that Pro Site plugin is functioning fine with all default wordpress provided themes. but its not working with "Semplice" theme. I am sure they will give you Solution for this issue soon.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Rupok

Hi Paul

I hope you had a wonderful day and also hope you don't mind me chimming in here.

I just analyzed your theme and one thing is totally unclear to me. In a regular WordPress theme, single.php and page.php files have almost similar code because usually a page and a single post looks almost same in most of the cases. Obviously this varies from theme to theme, but a similarity is expected.

When I opened the page.php file from your current theme has only 32 lines, but your single.php page has 253 lines of code. To be more specific, your single.php includes all these variables set and you can easily understand what they do from their name.

$bg = get_post_meta($post->ID, '_nectar_header_bg', true);
    $bg_color = get_post_meta($post->ID, '_nectar_header_bg_color', true);
    $fullscreen_header = (!empty($options['blog_header_type']) && $options['blog_header_type'] == 'fullscreen' && is_singular('post')) ? true : false;
    $fullscreen_class = ($fullscreen_header == true) ? "fullscreen-header full-width-content" : null;
    $theme_skin = (!empty($options['theme-skin']) && $options['theme-skin'] == 'ascend') ? 'ascend' : 'default';
    $hide_sidebar = (!empty($options['blog_hide_sidebar'])) ? $options['blog_hide_sidebar'] : '0';

But in your page.php, I can see only "global $bp;" this variable.

Moreover, in all your theme files, the codes are properly indented with tab-size 4, but in your page.php file, the indentation is not maintained, so I assume, someone edited this file and I also assume, the editing was massive, and a huge amount of code was deleted. As I don't have a copy of the original theme, I can't tell you 100% about what was changed.

I believe, this is enough for you to identify how to fix it. Try to replace the page.php file from the original theme and check, if it doesn't try with the default "Salient" theme downloaded from the vendor. If it still doesn't solve the issue, please let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Paul

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for sharing the theme. I played with it and here I've attached the modified version which will work with Pro-Sites and will show the pro-sites page perfectly. Please check the attached screenshot for reference as how it will look with this modified version of the theme.

I've edited only the page.php inside the theme and added content template required for showing the Pro Sites page.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.