ProSite Strip Payment with 100% discount on first month

Hi,

We have experienced a problem today with a payment made by a client, we gave them a discount code that gave them a 100% discount for the first month. They signed up and setup payment with Stripe, but never got any confirmation by email and we didn't either. We also got no subscription setup on our Stripe account.

Not sure what the problem is, the said customer already has another site with us that is setup with Stripe and the payment went through fine.

Any pointers would be great before we ask them to try again.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Lakewood,

I tested coupon for first month 100% discount with Stripe and payment was processed correctly - site was created and user get email with recipe from Pro Sites.
    Also creating new subsite by the same user with coupon resulted with new subsite and sending recipe.

Did subsite for your customer was created? If yes can you check it status in Pro Sites? Is there anything in Account history box

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Lakewood,

The user already had a site setup so can't really test that,

But you should be able to check if second subsite was created for second payment - if it was then you should check its status the same as for first subsite from Network -> All Sites and clicking in Pro Site level next to newly created subsite.

stipe shows the payment as failed but no email to either party was sent and no record of payment attempt on ProSites?

What is reason in Stripe of failed payment? Can you check details of this failed transaction?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Lakewood

Sorry I didn't explain properly. We setuop the site for them so it was already existent on the system all they had to do was setup payment.

Anyway it transpires that the client thinks there wasn't any money on the card they paid with, I guess even though no payment was actually taken as the balance was 0 Stripe will still have tried to connect with the cards and decline due to there being now money on it.

I think it will be better to extend the trial rather than give a discount anyway so thats what we have done now.

My only concern here is that there was no notification on the site from ProSites saying the payment failed and no email to either parties. I think this is a crucial feature missing.

• Rupok

Hi Lakewood, hope you had a wonderful day.

I tried to regenerate the issue on my test site and I could. When payment is declined, Pro Site is not showing any message.

I've also talked with our developer regarding this and he will have a look at this soon. If he can confirm too, then he will work on this and fix it as soon as possible.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.