prosite subscription not creating pro site level subscription

I have not used my site in some time but recent visitors have signed up only to show as NOT being pro site users. Here is a log of a subscription and it still says "Never a Pro Site" this creates a problem because users are redirected to the payment page. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88896/2016-01-19_1309.png

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @WP Tech, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I'd like to have a closer look at how you've got things set up here, as I'm not able to reproduce this over on my own test site (I tried multiple signups, including one with a one-time coupon applied), could you please enable Support Access to your site?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Also, would you happen to have a few more examples of test sites that are running into this problem?

And would you happen to have access to your error logs? If so, what entries would exist around the time of the signup noted in your screenshot above?

Please advise,
    Michael

• WP Tech
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Support access granted.

I think that everyone that signed up today are in the same boat. I had to turn off Pay to Blog module. Now they are shown as having free accounts - although I don't offer free trial.

They did use a coupon code Jan19 ... maybe that had something to do with it?

I'll see if I can get access to the error logs.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @WP Tech,

I think that everyone that signed up today are in the same boat.

Everyone who signed up via credit card (PayPal Pro) seems to be in this boat, I'm counting 14 sites presently. Those that signed up via the PayPal Express gateway seem to be in good shape.

They did use a coupon code Jan19 ... maybe that had something to do with it?

Only some of the affected sites used coupons, there's those that didn't use them at all, yet still didn't get the signup processed properly (even though the payment was accepted).

This looks like something that'll require our second level support staff's type of troubleshooting, I've flagged them here for you. Just so you're aware, due to the complexity of the tasks they handle, their response times can be longer than a normal support response.

In addition to getting access to those logs, could you also send in the following via our secure contact form, just in case it's needed by our second level support staff:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. To touch on this separately:

I had to turn off Pay to Blog module. Now they are shown as having free accounts - although I don't offer free trial.

By default, sites in WordPress are free to create, so it's not a matter of a trial being offered, but rather, a matter of WordPress's default behavior. The Pay to Blog module is what allows for adjusting this behavior, and restricting sites to having to be paid in order to be actively usable.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

We do respond if there's a solution, but unfortunately, there's been quite a delay. :disappointed:

WP Tech, as we've got version 3.5.2 of Pro Sites released, could you please try updating to that version, and seeing if that helps? If not, then could you please respond to the email that I'll be sending in a moment (so that we can get the WP Network admin details for your site)?

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi WP Tech ,

Apologies for the late response!

In case you are using PayPal Pro that might be causing this issue. Developer has told me that soon he will be pushing a fix on this and for now it would be better to disable Pro (uncheck the Pro checkbox) and use PayPal Express instead, which has no issues.

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.