Prosites and WHMCS MU Provisioning

Hi,

I'm just investigating, but can you clarify if Prosites & WHMCS MU Provisioning are mutually exclusive.

i.e. if I used WHMCS to take payment for and provide a multi site, then I would not be able to use the levels features of pro-sites to offer premium offering?

• aecnu

Greetings Alan,

You are spot on sir and this very topic has been of great debate then I would not be able to use the levels features of pro-sites to offer premium offering

The differences are that WHMCS MU provisioning is used to create/provision MultiSites while the action of Pro Sites is completely different being that it is creating/provisioning sub sites. Apples and Oranges sir.

Cheers, Joe

• Fullworks

It is a real shame really that you can't provision sub sites from WHMCS.

If one has a growing sub-site client base, the problem of client management grows, so I'm looking for some CRM solution that is integrated. So looks like I shouldn't be looking at WHMCS but something else. What do others in the community use I wonder?

Do they use a mixture of spreadsheets / invoicing systems or perhaps they are not using Multi site the way we do... (question to the community)

• Fullworks

It is more about client management than sub-site management.

WHMCS is a sophisticated tool with invoicing and other client case tracking built in.

Pro-sites manages the sub-sites in terms of access, but is limited in terms of payment gateways, so you can give your clients only 1 option automatically (we give them paypal).

So if a client wants to pay 'manually' via a cheque of bank transfer of some other off-line payment gatewy, pro-sites can handle that, but it is a manual interaction.

Tracking that manual interaction (i.e. re-invoicing on expiry) has to be done outside pro-siites.

Having 80,000 subites managed vi pro-sites is fine, if they are all either free or paid for via the payment gateway, but would be a nightmare if 40,000 were manual payments (actuallu even 100 manual payments is a nightmare).

The solution, is to some how integrate a client management system, an invoicing system and pro-sites. My starting point was to look a WHMCS as that has all the right features, but alas to integrate it myself would be too much to warrant right now, and I can devised simpler systems, extracting data from pro-sites and merging with spreadsheets etc, becomes asemi manual process.

That is why Iwas looking to see if others have solved this business issue in different creative ways.

• aecnu

Greetings Alan,

Thank you for the additional clarification and reasoning, all great input!

WHMCS is a sophisticated tool with invoicing and other client case tracking built in.

Yes sir, use it myself for my Hosting company.

Pro-sites manages the sub-sites in terms of access, but is limited in terms of payment gateways, so you can give your clients only 1 option automatically (we give them paypal).

Spot on as usual.

So if a client wants to pay 'manually' via a cheque of bank transfer of some other off-line payment gatewy, pro-sites can handle that, but it is a manual interaction.

Tracking that manual interaction (i.e. re-invoicing on expiry) has to be done outside pro-siites.

Agreed but in this case and for all of our none PayPal transactions we ourselves use Quick Books Online - auto invoicing and depending on the payment method may or may not need any manual entry at all.

Of course it will not disable no pay accounts.

That is why I was looking to see if others have solved this business issue in different creative ways.

Aha! Understood and as I mentioned we personally use Quick Books Online to manage everything that is not managed by WHMCS.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or info for Alan regarding this topic?

If so let us know!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Alan,

Thank you for letting me know. I had started with Quickbooks Online when it first came out in 2001/2002 and basically it replaced my ex wife :wink: and serves me better then she did all these years ... lmao :smiley:

It came out just in time and I also get a grandfather rate as well - it is the same today as when I joined them back then.

I had never heard of Kashflow before but sounds interesting as well.

Thank you as always for your input.

Cheers, Joe

• Robert

Hello. I have a related problem.

First of all My country is not in the drop down for the pro-site billing activation (Belize).

Another issue is that when i want to use pro-sites I have to use a different IPN than my whmcs is using, ans paypal only allows 1 IPN..

So why cannot I not have the billing of my prosites via WHMCS? that would solve all uses..

As I understand, WHMCS MU only installs a Multi-site, but that is only interesting if I would work with resellers than, correct? Instead, I want to sell websites to the end users, and thus I need Pro-Sites.. However, I want to keep the billing via WHMCS for various reasons of comfort..

How is this done?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.