ProSites Auto Generate Fields

Hello I just have a few questions about Pro Sites.

1. When a user visits the Pro Sites sign up page is it possible to auto generate the following field:
'Your Site: [Insert Sub Domain].website.com'

I feel like this would confuse potential customers as they will be linking their generated Multisite to their domain and won't be using the subdomain on my website to send traffic. When I say auto generate I mean make this field equal to the website name and if that isn't available create 'website-1.website.com' instead.

2. Can I remove the other radio button:
'Privacy: Allow search engines to index this site.'

And then enable it so that the sub domains are never indexed by search engines?

3. I am also wondering if I can directly edit the template within the plugin so that I can change some of the HTML, I'm aware that I can change my template for the actual page but I'm not sure how I can actually change the template for the way that the sign up plugin itself is displayed.

Thanks

• Luís

Hi Nick,

Hope you're doing well today!

We can make those changes, however, I am think we will need to change the core file.

You can find the code (HTML) used in the form in the "Registration.php" file found inside the "wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/ProSites/View/Front/" folder.

Regarding to your question, as an example:

1) We can add a placholder in the input field, to display "[Insert Sub Domain].".

2) We need to change the "value" attribute of the radio button, and then we can hide it via CSS;

In order to help you better, let me ping our SLS team (our code experts :slight_smile: ) to get their valuable feedback about this, in order to check if it's possible to do these changes without changing the core file, otherwise, yonce you make an update, you will lose them and need to add again.

Cheers, Luís

• Panos

Hi Nick ,

For questions 1 & 2 could you please try the following snippet in a mu-plugin:

add_action( 'wp_head', function(){

global $psts;

if( ! is_page( $psts->get_setting( 'checkout_page' ) ) ){
    		return;
    	}

ob_start();
    	?>
    	<style type="text/css">

span.prefix_address,
    		#privacy{
    			display: none;
    		}

input[type="text"]{
    			width: 200px;
    		}

</style>
    	<?php
    	$css = ob_get_clean();

echo $css;

}, 10 );

add_action( 'wp_footer', function(){

global $psts;

if( ! is_page( $psts->get_setting( 'checkout_page' ) ) ){
    		return;
    	}

ob_start();
    	?>
    	<script type="text/javascript">

(function($){

$( document ).ready( function(){

$( '#blogname' ).after( '<span class="wpmudev_prefix_address">.website.com</span>' )

$( '#blog_public_off' ).prop( 'checked', true );

});

})(jQuery);

</script>
    	<?php
    	$js = ob_get_clean();

echo $js;

}, 10, 3 );

You can change the ".website.com" to you site.

As for question 3 could you provide further information about where and what you need to insert? I'm asking because if it is simple addition we can use similar hook and add html with javascript.

Thanks!
    Could you provide further information about your 3rd question? If it is simple html you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.