ProSites Coupon problem - PayPal indicates valid coupon but not processed

Although coupons have worked in the past - my last transaction did not process correctly.

I created a single use coupon for a specific user for site #548 Coupon: MOMELOCK

She renewed her subscription last night and used the coupon code. The log shows that she entered the valid code but it was not deducted from her payment. In the log it shows:

2015-05-27 1:49:39 am User added a valid coupon to their order on the checkout page: MOMELOCK

On the Coupon page - it does not show that the coupon was used.

I have granted access for you to check further.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @antKat,

Hope you're doing well today.

Thanks for granting access right away, I used it to try create similar setup on my installation but I was unable to replicate this issue.

Can you tell me if there were any changes on your site when this started to happen, some plugins installed/updated, theme switch or anything similar?

Is this only happening with that specific user and coupon, have you tried creating new coupon code and testing?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• antKat

Hi Predrag,
    It is hard to know when EXACTLY this problem surfaced - I just happened to notice the issue with this transaction.

I did find a successful coupon transaction that occurred on 5/20 for site#494. It was a different coupon code. You can see the difference in the logs after the line with the acceptance of valid coupon code.

On the correct one the adjacent lines say:

2015-05-20 7:14:43 am User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Initial payment successful (Using Essential Oils Pro Business: $225.00 for the first 12 month period, then $250.00 every 12 months) - Transaction ID: 1FW723997K107840L
    2015-05-20 7:10:26 am User added a valid coupon to their order on the checkout page: SPRING25

On the incorrect one, even though the log shows the valid coupon, the next line does not include the discount for the first period. See:

2015-05-27 1:51:40 am User creating new subscription via PayPal Express: Initial payment successful (Using Essential Oils Pro Business Plus: $300.00 USD every 12 months) - Transaction ID: 8E1902103H4606042
    2015-05-27 1:49:39 am User added a valid coupon to their order on the checkout page: MOMELOCK

I have updated plugins as my normal process during the past week. What type of plugin would impact this transaction? Note: I also ran into problems with this plugin on 5/14 regarding partial refunds - where even though it says "Partial" PayPal sent full refunds. There is another support ticket for this issue outstanding. I am losing some confidence with this plugin.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @antKat,

So this happened only on that specific code and with newly created ones you are not having any issues?

I have updated plugins as my normal process during the past week. What type of plugin would impact this transaction?

Did any of the caching or security plugins got updates as they can cause something like this?

Note: I also ran into problems with this plugin on 5/14 regarding partial refunds - where even though it says "Partial" PayPal sent full refunds. There is another support ticket for this issue outstanding. I am losing some confidence with this plugin.

You can check my answer regarding this on your other thread.
    We are aware that there are some tweaks need for Pro Sites and that's why we are working on quite a big update that's supposed to come out soon.

Can you please let us know if the coupon issue is happening after the update is released?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.