Prosites free trial with setup fee, trial period/payment due

1. Is it possible to have a free trial and not charge set up fee until after the trial?
Now it seems to charge it right away after site is created.

2. Trial period seems confusing in my eyes. I've setted up 30 days free trial.

Example:

Site with free trial is created 18.11.2015.

After a new site sign up that new sites WP-admin says: "You are currently signed up for your chosen plan, Bronze. The first payment is due on 17.1.2016. Enjoy your free trial."

And account page (?bid=218) says: "Next payment date: 18.12.2015".

Quostion: Does it charge users card at 18.12.2015 or 17.1.2016?

For me the best would be that it charges card 18.12.2015. Also would be nice to have a different kind of notification at WP-admin. For ex:
"You are currently signed up for your chosen plan, Bronze. Your card will be charged 18.12.2015. Enjoy your free trial.

Edit: Bonus question: Does bulk upgrades charge setup fee for credits? Or will users get free "months/annuals" but still got to pay setup fees?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Riku,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

1. Is it possible to have a free trial and not charge set up fee until after the trial?
    Now it seems to charge it right away after site is created.

Unfortunately this is not possible, setup fee is intended to be billed right on site creating, which is before first payment if free trial is enabled.

Changing this behaviour would require some custom changes to the plugin and unfortunately we don't currently have enough manpower to assist on such modifications.
    If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Could you grant support access to your site so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Edit: Bonus question: Does bulk upgrades charge setup fee for credits? Or will users get free "months/annuals" but still got to pay setup fees?

Actually I must say that I'm not sure about this case scenario, let me ping developer @Rheinard in here so he can give us some more info regarding this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Riku,

Regarding your second question:

Did you made any further alterations for the account in question?
    I'm asking this because when I test this on my installation and check Account History I only have this:
    Pro Site status expiration extended until 18. December 2015..
    While on your site there is one more instance, so you have these two:
    Pro Site status expiration extended until 18.12.2015.
    Pro Site status expiration extended until 17.1.2016.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.